WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Shower with my Frogman or buy a beater just for the shower?

10K views 126 replies 48 participants last post by  Steelerswit 
#1 ·
Yeha i know it's a weird question
But it's my only watch for a long time to come
And it's still a very expensive watch.
So should i just use it in the shower everyday? I'm just not sure how much damage is done to it.
or just get a beater for that purpose?
By the way i need a watch in the shower all time so I won't miss the train / bus, a show on TV if anyone's wondering...

#5 ·
It's ok as long as you aren't alcoholic.

Sent from my LG-H630 using Tapatalk

#12 ·
I've been wearing more and more when I shower as I get older. Now I too have a serious question, I wear a pair of Keen Gore Tex sneakers all the time and they are pretty much water proof. However, when I shower they get wet inside, does anyone have recommendations for a cheap pair of shoes that won't get wet inside when I shower?

One of the things that I really get into is to dress completely in Simms fishing gear when I shower. I wear a pair of G4 chest waders, a G4 wading jacket, the foul weather Gore Tex cap and I employ the hood on the jacket. I also have those G4 Gore Tex gloves so I can wear any watch I want while I'm in the shower dressed like that, it doesn't even get wet!

I need a beater :)

#15 ·
I take my G off in the shower.
Don't really need the exact time there.

Besides, soap, skin, hair and water residue WILL work their way into the joints and crevasses. Outside will stay clean, but under the bezel? Nasty.

Reactions: WES51 and GaryK30
#19 ·
#23 ·
Should you buy a beater just for the shower?

As in you wake up, and strap on your Frogman. You walk to the bathroom, then proceed to take off your Frogman along with your clothes. You then put on your shower beater G-Shock and enter the cubicle. Two minutes later you emerge from the shower, whereby you take off your shower beater G, get dry and then proceed to get dressed and put on your Frogman.

I don't even really know what to say now.

#30 ·
Now that's comedy!!! Well played, OP. Well played, indeed.

#31 ·
Today I'm sporting just a casual outfit as I prepare to shower. I've decided on jeans, a long sleeve T shirt and my dive watch. On the bottom end I'm going with a pair of water sandals and no socks. My concern is that the sleeve will stay wet and I'm wondering if the diver will hold up? It's rated for 660 feet but I'm showering so there's that sneaking bit of doubt..............

Do you guys wear anything else of interest when you shower? I used to keep my glasses on but there were steaming / fogging issues so I quit that. Now I use a pair of those Speedo Swim Goggles and can look directly into the shower head without closing my eyes. You can also see well enough to check the time with them so I see it as a win win thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.