Simple countdown timer on a G?

Thread: Simple countdown timer on a G?

Question Simple countdown timer on a G?

Do any of you know of a G-Shock with a SIMPLE countdown timer?

I use countdowns a lot in my spectacular life - you know the kind of thing: cup of tea, 6 minutes, set timer to 6 minutes; 'phone me back in fifteen minutes', set timer to to 15 minutes; pizza in the oven, set timer to 12 minutes; Sunday snooze, set timer to 40 minutes.

So ideally, a 60 minute timer without seconds. I can set the one on my Navihawk in about 5 seconds, which means it is a function I actually use. Move to timer mode, scroll through the minutes 1 to 60, press button. Pretty idiot proof.

Did Casio ever make one of those?

Kevin

Wink Re: Simple countdown timer on a G?

Yep, the DW-6600 has a 60 minutes timer, but a lot other versions too. I have a GW-1210 that has a 60'timer. In my also interesting life my experiments often tak longer than an hour, so I rather have a 24h timer.

For ultra fast timing, you can choose the DW-9501HH Beat and BPM model. This model had a timer function with fixed times and a programmable timer. Perhaps the best timer function I know.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: Simple countdown timer on a G?

for the G that i know of (and owned)

pretty much any G with a timer works the same way (don't have experience with Beat and BPM models though)

cycle to the timer mode by the mode button, hold set button, set the time, press the set button, and ready to go.

i use timer all the times as well, i find it very useful for parking meters

if timer is important to you, maybe get a model with 24hr timer, it may comes in handy some time

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think I may have been a little uncharitable to the timer function on the G - I concentrated on doing it properly this morning and it took less than 10 seconds. I hadn't realised, stupid me, that you can actually hold the button down and cycle through the minutes while setting.

Set to more than one hour in fact, 1h 45m to remind me to call someone in the UK when they got into the office.

Thanks for all your help. Now to find a BPM model!

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by stockae92
    for the G that i know of (and owned)

cycle to the timer mode by the mode button, hold set button, set the time, press the set button, and ready to go.

Wink Re: Simple countdown timer on a G?

I just bought a BPM watch yesterday! As a former DJ and electronic musician a BPM counter is a great tool (looping samples etc).

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

DW002 [1557] and DW003 [1647] have a countdown timer that's being set by holding the top right button. each press will increment the countdown minute by 1 up to 60 minutes, then start the countdown timer by pressing the button on the face of the watch (which is the EL button during local time mode)

this countdown timer operation maybe what you are looking for

Lightbulb Re: Simple countdown timer on a G?

Quote Originally Posted by stockae92
    DW002 [1557] and DW003 [1647] have a countdown timer that's being set by holding the top right button. each press will increment the countdown minute by 1 up to 60 minutes, then start the countdown timer by pressing the button on the face of the watch (which is the EL button during local time mode)

this countdown timer operation maybe what you are looking for

That's EXACTLY what I meant stockae92! Thank you. Now to find one...

Kevin

Thread Information