Siren call

Thread: Siren call

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Siren call

I’m not meant be buying Gs at the moment, I’m meant to be saving up for something else. I’ve been very successful at not buying a Mudman, for instance. So there I am, strapped to the mast like Odysseus - but then I see something I’ve never seen before, something I don’t even know exists. Something I might have designed myself to fit my particular taste in Gs. On a mainstream website too, and at a very reasonable price - in fact it’s sitting in a trading estate just down the road… what the hell is it doing there?

I don’t buy it. A day passes. I go back to the website for another look. I google the model number and get a few hits from Korea - nothing else. I don’t buy it. Maybe if it’s still there in a few weeks…

I go back to the website. ‘Quantity in stock: 1’. How will I feel if I go back in a few weeks and it’s gone? It could have been mine! I’m in a rush now… add to basket… go to checkout… confirmatory e-mail… back to website… “out of stock” - because I’ve just bought it – it’s mine!

Lets see if I can find any more information on this watch. Vary the search criteria a bit – a few more hits, but none are European or English-speaking sites. Hang on - English writing… what’s this…g-peopleland!!!

Sjors has two! One for wearing, one for his collection... and he says they took a lot of finding! There you are - I was right to do it, I had to do it. What if I had let the opportunity pass… what if… what if…

New rule: when you’ve got one on the line, and it seems to be the only fish in the sea - reel it in, reel it in!

It's just arrived on my work desk. It's a
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Cool Re: Siren call

Eh You forgott to mention which G it was what model was it?

Re: Siren call

The back looks like this -

I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The side looks like this -

And the top looks like this -

Sjors, what can you tell me about this watch? Do you know when it was released?

And thanks to Keith at tiktox for his usual prompt and attentive service.

Wink Re: Siren call

Hi Tribe,

Sorry for my lat reply. I just returned from a hot night in the city I believe I have even three of them (and one in sand camo colors). It's released around the end of 2002. I believe (so I'm not 100% sure) it was a 20th Anniversary model, since it has this special label o the watchband. It's the G-2300 model in it's best clothes! I also think it was meant for the Japan and/or East European market, because of the strange red color. I have an X-Treme model in the strange kind of red too and that was a Japan only model. The sand camo has also this strange kind of greenish beige color.

My experience is that these are colors loved in Japan, b ut for us are a bit different. I cannot explain this feeling, but it differs from the European Maroon color, not that it isn't right, it's just different.

I found two of them in the U.K. for very nice prices around 2003 (the first one came from MSG). I believe severat of these were sent to the U.K as overstock items from Hong Kong, where I have seen them around end 2002/begin 2003.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

BTW,

I believe your pictures are a lot better than my crappy 3 y.o. pics ha ha,

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Thanks, Sjors!

The colour does have an unusual 'hard to place' quality, and the finish almost seems to suggest the texture of styrofoam. Curious but appealing. Wouldn't want all my watches this way, though!

Keith at tiktox couldn't say when they were produced, but also thought they were an overstock item from a Far Eastern market. It was added to a recent order that he had made, and he was happy to accept it.

2002 and maybe a 20th Anniversary model makes sense.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125
    And the top looks like this -

Sjors, what can you tell me about this watch? Do you know when it was released?

And thanks to Keith at tiktox for his usual prompt and attentive service.

Greetings All,
    Tribe125, I already know how good that module is, , that colour is unique to say the least!

For Sjors,
    Can I hazard a guess for the color: I'll go with bronzed copper
    or tangerine (if it were a color to be used in a paint catalogue:-D )

Wear in good health tribe125

Wink Re: Siren call

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125
    Thanks, Sjors!

The colour does have an unusual 'hard to place' quality, and the finish almost seems to suggest the texture of styrofoam. Curious but appealing. Wouldn't want all my watches this way, though!

Keith at tiktox couldn't say when they were produced, but also thought they were an overstock item from a Far Eastern market. It was added to a recent order that he had made, and he was happy to accept it.

2002 and maybe a 20th Anniversary model makes sense.

Thanks again.

Hi Tribe,

I bought mine just weeks for the red faced DW-5000 version came out. I believe that was end of Januari 2003, so I guess I bought my first around half December 2002. I believe it was a new model then, but the other two I bough I bought about a year later, in a short time period. I believe I paid almost peanuts for both of them. Although I liked this model, there seemed just "luke warm" intrest in this model around that time. I think I paid around £30 - £35 for them, maybe even less...

The color does make me think of the lime green GW-400, that was released about a year ago. That model has also a typical Japanese loved color. I think Bronzed copper is a proper name for this G-2300 color.

Cheers,

Sjors

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information