WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Size of a Mudman?

4K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  GTR83 
#1 ·
Does anybody have an comparison shots of a Mudman compared to say an MTG or something similar. I've seen some say they're the same size as a frogman and that those are the same size as the King. While I've also seen others complain that they're too small etc. I don't know what's going on!!!!! :))

#2 ·
There are 2 types of mudman. Well 3 if you include the original.

The DW-8400 is the original one and pretty large

The G(W)-9000 and G(W)-9010 are the smaller ones. Still a good size but by no means huge.

The new G(W)-9300 is the very large one that will be mentioned in the same breath as frogs and kings.

All great watches.

Hope that helps

#3 ·
@CT

What mudman model do you have in mind?

cheers

#4 ·
#6 ·
Well, the G(W)-9000 series is not really big. I would say it is rather medium sized for a G. I do have a MTG-911 and compared to it, the GW-9000 wears definitely smaller with a much lower profile. I don't know if it's sheer size you are after, but if so I would say go either for a GW-7900 or a G-7900 (I prefer the latter, which has a more advanced module and is basically the better version of a G-9000 mudman and G-9100 Gulfman with all advantages but none of the disadvantages). The GW-9000 is a very basic G with only mediocre functions, honestly its module is fairly outdated. If you don't mind spending a lot more, the new GW-9300 mudman might also catch your interest - very large and with very good functionality.

cheers

#7 · (Edited)
I'm not after size at all actually, I'm after, "I'm tired of when I try to change the straps or take mine apart to clean I break them and want something with screw pins and mud/dust resist." I just took my MTG solar atomic apart I got back from a buddy after 4 or so years and um, one of the stupid side buttons came off and now the bezel and metal top wont go back on. And for the record, I don't know what my buddy was doing but it was DIRTY under the bezel. I don't want that, I don't want to have to take it apart and if I want to change the bands, I don't want to worry about a STUPID spring bar. >:|

I can't wait for my new job to start. 2 weeks, then 2 weeks after is when I get a paycheck. I'm so sick of being cash poor it's pissing me off.

Ok, sorry for the rant. I'm just really frustrated.

#11 ·
See I'm really digging the size of the mudman now too. That's a good looking piece. I'm not all for the purple. I like black because it does with pretty much anything. That's why I like that one I liked to.

Cool that you know where Midlothian is there are a ton of people that don't. Shoot, I honestly think we live in the worst state for people knowing where stuff is. I rode down to Glen Rose on my way to Dublin on a Saturday, asked the people how to get to Dublin from there and not only did two of the teens and one GROWN adult not know, they never heard of Dublin!!!! Hellooooo?!? Dr Pepper with real sugar in it! Beats that throwback brand any day of the week if you ask me.

...too bad nobody wants to PIF a mudman to me :p

#13 ·
Cool that you know where Midlothian is there are a ton of people that don't.... I rode down to Glen Rose on my way to Dublin on a Saturday, asked the people how to get to Dublin from there and not only did two of the teens and one GROWN adult not know, they never heard of Dublin!!!!
Rode? You'd have to cross the Irish Sea to get from Midlothian to Dublin... ;-)

#12 ·
Dublin Dr. Pepper ROCKS!!! I live in Lavon, and work at a 3A HS, so I get to know where a bunch of "smaller" towns are near the Metroplex. Which Muddie are you looking at? I wasn't sure about the purple until I saw this one in the store. It really looks great. From a distance, the only purple that really stands out is the buttons, but it all blends together really well. I've got a DGK King coming, and I'm affraid it might be a little too purple for me. Will probably change the strap on it.

#14 ·
Dublin Dr. Pepper ROCKS!!! I live in Lavon, and work at a 3A HS, so I get to know where a bunch of "smaller" towns are near the Metroplex. Which Muddie are you looking at? I wasn't sure about the purple until I saw this one in the store. It really looks great. From a distance, the only purple that really stands out is the buttons, but it all blends together really well. I've got a DGK King coming, and I'm affraid it might be a little too purple for me. Will probably change the strap on it.
I was looking at this one. Amazon.com: Casio Men's GW9000A-1 G-Shock Mudman Solar Atomic Watch: Casio: Watches

At first I wanted a King because it has the screw pins and mud protection and was "new." Then I saw the size and with my tiny 7.1 inch wrist I was like nuh-uh. The mudman will probably be the best option for me. There are a few on eBay that I hope will be there in 4.5 weeks when I get my first paycheck from my new job. Right now I have two unwearable solar Gs, waiting for the strap on my MTG with a now missing button that I can't get back on and of course the G2300 that caused me so many fits. That's why they taunt you with screw bars!

#15 ·
There's nothing tiny about a 7.1" wrist. I only have a 6.5" wrist and I don't think the King looks too big. I guess it just comes down to preference and what you're comfortable with.

#17 ·
There's nothing tiny about a 7.1" wrist. I only have a 6.5" wrist and I don't think the King looks too big. I guess it just comes down to preference and what you're comfortable with.
Well I did the "string around my wrist then measure the length." I'm barely 6 feet tall and maybe 180. Soooo medium height and lanky? The King looks huge on your wrist to me in the photo. Prefrence wise, I gues I'd lean more to somewhere between 6900 and King size if I had to choose. Is the Master of G series the only ones besides the solar atomic classics that have screw bars for the wrist band?

#18 ·
Yes, that I know of. Although it doesn't have screw, the 7900 sounds like what you're looking for. And while the GD(F) series does have spring bars, they're easy to remove. It's a "larger" watch, but has a thin profile.

Sent from the Office of the Reincarnated President of the Republic of Texas

#19 ·
The new gw9300 mudman's might be what you're looking for. Bigger than the older mudmans, slightly bigger than the 7900?, but smaller than the king. They're a tad expensive but still cheaper than buying a new frogman.

Also need to mention because of what you said in the OP, the older frogman's(200/225 series) are smaller than the king, but the new ones (gwf1000) are simliar sized. Probably bigger lug to lug.

Sorry no photos, but if you do a search, there's been plenty of photos of the new mudman.

#21 ·
I have a 7.25" wrist and a G-9000BP Mudman and I wouldn't say it's too small. Like Cal said it's more of a medium size and also wears smaller because of the thin profile (thin in G-Shock standards though). Both the Mudman and the King has that extra "mud guard" patterned piece of plastic between the caseback and your wrist so if you wear them too tightly the mud guard will leave quite some deep marks on your wrist. Although that is not to say wearing them is painful - their straps are comfortable, the Mudman's more so than the King's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.