Sjors goes to G-Shock's "Shock the World Tour 2009" BCN editon. Might be modem burner

Thread: Sjors goes to G-Shock's "Shock the World Tour 2009" BCN editon. Might be modem burner

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Picture Sjors goes to G-Shock's "Shock the World Tour 2009" BCN editon. Might be modem burner

So here I start my thread about Shock The World, Barcelona.

It start off on Monday, the day before I leave. I took a photo of Bram, so he was with me during my trip to Spain.

Tuesday morning we traveled by var to Roosendaal. Somehow we managed to get in a traffic jam, where never traffic jams exist. Long story short, at the station I saw my train leave, while I entered the station...

I bought a second ticket for the international high speed train.

Not my train...

Still a long wait...

Another train, also not my train.

Finally, the international hi-speed train.

Finally I arrive at AMS Airport, Schiphol. I checked in about two hours before my flight. I got busted again at the customs. All whistles and bells went off, while I had taken all metal off. "Please, remove your watch", a nice cusom officer said. I took off my Frogman and suddenly not a single green light went on (sigh).

In the tax free shopping centre I walked through several watch shops. Between several Breitlings, Panarai's and other quite expensive brands, I found a nice selection of G-Shocks. The purple Crazy Colors was calling my name!!! Somehow it was €87.-, while the white and black version were only €67.-. I told the shop attendant I would took the purple one if I could get it for the same price as the other crazy colors, but he couldn't.

By the way, I noticed they had a classic MRG-110 model (or a MRG-210). The batteries were run dry and with €330.- I didn't dare to ask for a discount on a 10 ear old watch. They also had the new MIMB Mudman. I was allowed to take a photo.

I bought a nice pocket book for on the plane. I wanted to take a Stieg Larson with me, but there was no room in my "small" backpack.

After a flight of about 2 hours I landed safely on BCN airport. Of course no-one spoke English. I called Toni and he was already waiting for me. Just walk to the exit. Somehow I got incredibly lost, while following the wrong EXIT line. Some customs tried to explain in broken English where I could get out.

Toni called where I was. I had no idea. I was alone in a kind of basement. In a corner a customs officer shook up. I asked him where the exit was and he pointed to the door. I managed to walk from one end of the airport (Gate A), to the other (Gate C). After a walk of about 10 minutes back I found Toni (Tonitoni), who brought me to a place that must be near the apartment.

SO after walking around the area two times, Toni phones the apartment complex. Two minutes later we arrived. I collected the key and put my bag on the bed. "So, How late does Adan arrive?" "Around 21:30". "Ah, Dinner time". "?"

Time for Lunch. the Spanish way. Toni took me to the city centre.

Do you like jamon (pronounce chamon)? I had no idea.

We walked into some very silent streets, but in a door opening there were a lot of people standing. We walked in to the back. The small cafe was crowded.

Wow, what a great food. No pic of the sandwich jamon, alas. It was so delicious, I didn't think about a photo, yet. THe anjovis and bread with tomato were good to. Also we has a plate of cheese. Probably a goat cheese. There was only special wine served, which was very fruity and delicious.

While driving through Barcelona, I noticed this house. It was Casa Mila, by Gaudi. More later. First we went to a brewing pub. Unfortunately we were a bit early. We walked a bit around. I noticed a Rolex shop. While I took my camera to take a picture, some kind of body builder with an too expensive suit walks outside, calling "No pictures, no pictures!". So, there were Spanish people who spoke English

Finally we entered the Brew-pub. They had nice beers. We first took a honey beer. They also had a mushroom beer, but if the bartender does not recommend Toni that beer, he wisely takes a blond beer, while I found a Chimay Capsule white.

In the back of the pub you could take a look into the fridge. Well, it's commonly known that the original Budweiser of Budvar (Czech republic) and the Anheuser Busch Budweiser are not particular good friends. Funny enough, they are standing next to each other in the fridge.

We walk along Casa Mila when we walk back to the car.

Next stop, Sacrada Familia

Time to go back to the station. Actually our apartment is opposite of the train station. Somehow also Adan manage to stand on the wrong side of the station, but soon after we arrived we met. It's cool to see Adan, Monica and Beatriz in real life!

Adan, Monica and I went to the supermarket. I was pretty surprised that they were surprised the supermarket was already closed at 22:20.

Luckily the supermarket in the station was open, so we could buy some basic drink and food.

When we returned at the apartment, we had a simple but delicious dinner. And beer again.

DAY 2:

We had a nice view from our apartment. I had to get used sleeping under a thick blanket at 22ºC.

A little later we team up with Toni and El Xispas (I was told it means something as a short circuit spark). The watches of the crew! El Xispas had made nice pins of Comando-G.

The apartment Complex. We walk to Toni's car for the ride through the city. El Xispas takes the Subway.

First we go to the Olympic area, behind this palace.

I believe I have seen a photo of me where I was thinking of taking this photo...

The Olympic Flame.

Oh, it must be my good karma. The only place available was at this sacred number... Hold that thought. It will return later!!!

Someone is pointing to America. This must be Columbus.

A red thread through our Barcelona photo threads I think. Photo's of people taking photo's Beatriz is also interested in Columbus.

Seiko!!!

Hola, Superman!

And look at that. It's C3PO. Both at the Wax Museum.

Some bar that has a fairies atmosphere inside.

Plaza Real (Royal Square).

The indoor market near the Ramblas.

The guy behind me in the stripes blazer is very famous in Spain.

These drinks are very delicious. I took a Pina Colada.

Pets at the market on the Ramblas

Cards of Casa Batllo!!!

Adan discovers a nice winter hat. Check out his DW-5200C and GW-5000!

Milo Manara drawings above a underwear shop

Toni and El Xispas busted. Sneaky watching Breitlings...

A local delicatesse. It is made of honey and almonds.

"Let's visit the Happy Pills. Do you want Happy Pills?". "?".

I couldn't take my eyes of the girl in the back. She wore a very beautiful Stussy T-Shirt

The Cathedral is nice, when the restoration is finished.

Oakley Alarm!!!

Adan, It looks really great, isn't it!

"This is a typical Spanish scene". "Are you sure, this happens in my country a lot too. Bet that we will find a bike without a front wheel?"

Very exclusive pastry. Also very expensive.

Look at that. There are people standing outside that door...

YEAH! We were back at the jamon bar. Guess what we eat!

Sandwich Jamon!

El Xispas and Adan getting excited!

GW-5000 and DW-5200C.

Toni and his DW-5300.

LOL

Second sandwich and a second or was it the third glass of wine already? There is a kind of sausage on my sandwich.

More bottles of wine...

While I took this photo of the delicious anjovis, Adan makes a movie. Must be somewhere...

Toni and I saw this car drive through the crowded centre. Two young Japanese girls were riding in it at high velocity. It seems the city survived their trip...

Another way of transport (notice the disc brakes). Somehow the photographer was also interesting enough.

Deja Vu.

Time for a drink in the harbor. Where else then "El Rejoh" (The Time).

Something is not right. Is that Adan's Stevie Wonder act?

"Nice watch El Xispas!". Is that DW-5000 the Spike Lee version?" "Nope, it is the original"'. "What, in such a good condition???

And with low serial number: 4475!

We walk along the harbor.

Before we go to the car, we say goodbye to El Xispas. He takes the subway home.

We drive to Parc Güell. Well, I stop writing for today, it's very late and I have been busy editing photo's almost whole day.

I'll try to update tomorrow, with a few other photo's.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: Sjors goes to G-Shock's "Shock the World Tour 2009" BCN editon. Might be modem burner

Awesome! Thanks for the tour!
    Cheers,
    Micha

Re: Sjors goes to G-Shock's "Shock the World Tour 2009" BCN editon. Might be modem burner

Fantastic post, Sjors! What a beautiful place! Looks like you had an amazing time. Thanks for taking us along!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hey Sjors!
    I was with the Comando G people in front of Casa Batllo.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it here in Spain!
    And nice shots!

Take care

Thanks for the tour, Sjors. What a beautiful city!

Thanks so much for the tour!
    Seems like you guys had a brilliant time

Alex

This is so cool, hopefully we'll see some more from Barcelona and the party! :thanks

Wink Re: Sjors goes to G-Shock's "Shock the World Tour 2009" BCN editon. Might be modem burner

Quote Originally Posted by charli View Post
    Hey Sjors!
    I was with the Comando G people in front of Casa Batllo.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it here in Spain!
    And nice shots!

Take care
    Hola Charli,

Sorry you didnt had an invitation. It will take a while before I get to the Party. I have aroound 500 - 600 interesting photo's. Eventually they will appear here too.

Cheers,

Sjors

There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Great! You brought out the playful, phantasmagoric side of Barcelona! What a great G-Shock GTG!

--Greg

Sjors... fantastic write-up! Thanks for taking the time to do this. I've always heard how amazing Barcelona is but haven't been there yet. It looks lovely... shame it's such grey weather for you though.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information