Sjors goes to G-Shock's "Shock the World Tour 2009" BCN editon. Part 2 (still pre-party)

Thread: Sjors goes to G-Shock's "Shock the World Tour 2009" BCN editon. Part 2 (still pre-party)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Picture Sjors goes to G-Shock's "Shock the World Tour 2009" BCN editon. Part 2 (still pre-party)

My second report. Still no party report, but quite some interesting watches content.

It was quite a ride to Parc Güell. Since we had a private driver, so there is much to see from the car.

At one of the many traffic light lights I see an old woman wave to empty taxi's. Do they stop? The old man comes out of the door. Nope, the taxi didn't see the old lady wave. The man walks back again to the door and waits.

That lipstick building is light at night with a lot of LEDs. It must look great, but we missed it every time. You can't have them all.

We thought we were on the right way, but after a few blocks further no signs.

Somewhere up-hill, after riding around a traffic jam, we ask a pedestrian, who point us to a sign at the end of the road.

The view up-hill is beautiful. You can see the Sacrada Familia in the distance.

Only a red traffic light is holding us from the entrance...

I seem to be caught in the act by Adan.

Parc Güell is a park designed by Gaudi. In this park there are several luxurious houses. It was intended that people would live in the houses. These houses do not have a garden, but the parc itself is big garden.

I'm not the only one with a camera...

Beatriz and Monica posing for Adan (who stands next to me). In the back you see the skyline of Barcelona.

No idea if this is part of the parc...

The "Pink Building".

A view on a large square...

...while I took the first photo, I didn't notice the columns.

These ceramic decorations are found under the square, between the columns.

We reach the most famous part of the parc, the dragon, by Gaudi.

There are a lot of these beautiful mosaic patterns on the walls.

Because the sun was already set, it became dark fast. The light became sometimes fascinating. This is the window of the shop at the entrance.

Familiar face in the window (photo by Adan).

The ceiling of the shop.

Don't worry girl, I can't read it too...

The space between the columns was very dark now. Luckilly you can view with a 30' exposure time photo.

Barcelona by night.

Time to get back to the apartment. We had to buy food for dinner and breakfast.

The entrance of the apartment complex. After a short stop, we go into town to the supermarket. Sounds like fun. I need a razor. I can't take sharp objects in my bag on the plane and I was not sure if I could take my razor. Lets see if there is something interesting to see along the road.

Pharmacia

Xioriço. I loce chorizo...

This is interesting. The amount of people who speak English is dramatic low. Luckily Tonitoni was an English teacher, but he was already on his way home.

Specially for Adan Ei, bi, ci, di.......

Supermarket

I'm not the only one nuts...

Special offer, sold out unfortunately.

Jamon....

Nice design clocks.

Around bedtime reading a funny book.

Everyone is gone to bed, but I'm a night animal... I had tried to make a nice shot of Adan's GW-5000.

Barcelona never sleeps. Meanwhile I discover an open WIFI connection!

I think I forgot to mention that I am obsessed by repetitive patterns (see also 1st post at the Sacrada Familia) .

DAY 3: The day of the Party!

El Xispas (Alfredo) came by in the morning around 10:00. Somehow I missed the important parts in the communications. All I thought we were going to the shop around the corner to look for nice T-Shirts. Therefore I didn't take my camera with me. For the following some pics were made with my iPhone and others were made by Adan and El Xispas.

Instead of going to that shop we went underground...

We walk into the city and I soon spot this poster. Since I discovered the WIFI connection and thought I could sent photo's via Riley to WUS, I thought Riley would like this poster. Josh Wink is one of the best DJ's I have ever heard and he's from Philly too.

Eeeejjjj, That's an interesting shop!

This looks like an interesting shop where we can find a nice T-Shirt.

And some interesting Retro Casio's... This must be a good shop. I find a great shirt. Adan likes it too. Unfortunately they have the shirt only in Adan's size...

After a morning shopping, time for a cup tea and coffee.

Classic Gs and a red Frog...

Oh no, no green ghost... Dangerous stuff.

El Xispas has a fine nose for watches. This is a great shop!

I think this was a music hall. It was an interesting building.

When we walk back to the main street I see a man in uniform, wearing a DW-290. Wow, a DW-290 in the flesh. I walk to the man in euphoria. The man suddenly gets a strange expression on his face. A second man in uniform runs out of the building, which appears to be a bank. "No, No, No!" yells the man. A tank like vehicle drives with high speed and stops behind me. The guys jump into the armored vehicle and close the armored door. The money transport drives away at high speed, leaving me behind in desolation... Do I look like a bank robber?

Anyway, we walk back to the subway and ride back. El Xispas goes back home, while Adan and I walk to the T-Shirt shop I had seen, near the apartment complex. I buy three T-Shirts, two for me and one with a black cat on it for Bram.

At the apartment we eat a little and go into Siesta mode. We have to be in good condition for the party.

Next post: The party.

Adan, El Xispas, does one of you have the photo of me and the camel???

Cheers,

Sjors

Edit 1: I got the photo of the camel from El Xispas.

Edit 2: During the day shopping on Thursday I didn't had my camera with me. I had to rely on a lot of photo's by Adan and El Xispas. So photo credits also goes to these guys. Thanks!
    Last edited by Sjors; November 3rd, 2009 at 17:12.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: Sjors goes to G-Shock's "Shock the World Tour 2009" BCN editon. Part 2 (still pre-par

Great pics thanks for sharing. You got that armored vehicle?

Wink Re: Sjors goes to G-Shock's "Shock the World Tour 2009" BCN editon. Part 2 (still pre-par

Nope. I had no camera and Adan and El Xispas have probably missed the whole thing (as I am sometimes, as we call it in the Netherlands, a little bit loose projectile )

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Sjors goes to G-Shock's "Shock the World Tour 2009" BCN editon. Part 2 (still pre-par

Another awesome post, Sjors! Thanks for sharing.

AWESOME!! I sorta went on a mini-vacation without leaving my chair!! BTW, I love the white Barcelona chairs. Thx!!!!!!

Wink Re: Sjors goes to G-Shock's "Shock the World Tour 2009" BCN editon. Part 2 (still pre-par

Hi Sub4,

It is my intention to share the great experience of visiting Barcelona and meeting with fellow G-Shock Collectors. Somehow I can use it myself as a memory as well and I think same goes to the people involved. I think you mean the white chairs in the lobby of the apartment complex? I think the apartment complex was very well styled.

PS, I have very little time tomorrow. It took me 2 hours to post this thread (well, I'm a little surprised too, but I had to organize the photo's from three albums). It might be that the party pics, with the right stories, will be posted on Wednessday, though I hope I can do it tomorrow.

Cheers,

Sjors

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    When we walk back to the main street I see a man in uniform, wearing a DW-290. Wow, a DW-290 in the flesh. I walk to the man in euphoria. The man suddenly gets a strange expression on his face. A second man in uniform runs out of the building, which appears to be a bank. "No, No, No!" yells the man. A tank like vehicle drives with high speed and stops behind me. The guys jump into the armored vehicle and close the armored door. The money transport drives away at high speed, leaving me behind in desolation... Do I look like a bank robber?
    Hilarious! Great pics as always... if I ever get to Barcelona you're getting an e-mail asking for some of these locations!

Looking forward to the party pics!

Quote Originally Posted by W44NE G View Post
    Hilarious! Great pics as always... if I ever get to Barcelona you're getting an e-mail asking for some of these locations!

Looking forward to the party pics!
    Hi W44ne,

I'm afraid I am no use. Tonitoni and El Xispas were the guides. If you go to Barcelona, I think it is best to contact one of them. Tonitoni speaks very well English (he was an English Teacher), El Xispas speaks a little English, but he lives in Barcelona. Who ever you contact, these guys will do everything to help you and to give you a great time.

Kind regards,

Sjors

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    Hi W44ne,

I'm afraid I am no use. Tonitoni and El Xispas were the guides. If you go to Barcelona, I think it is best to contact one of them. Tonitoni speaks very well English (he was an English Teacher), El Xispas speaks a little English, but he lives in Barcelona. Who ever you contact, these guys will do everything to help you and to give you a great time.

Kind regards,

Sjors
    Gracias!

I'll do that Sjors

Thank you for another set of great photos Sjors! They get better and better so I can't wait to see the photos from the party.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information