Sky Cockpit

Thread: Sky Cockpit

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sky Cockpit

So after about 3 weeks of waiting, I finally received my new G Shock Sky Cockpit. I have to say, though, that I'm not really lovin' this new watch.

The main reason is because most if not all the sub-fuctions use the small right sub-dial which is tiny and on a 24 hour scale.

So if you're using the timer, the max elapsed time is 24 minutes, with each little hash marker representing a minute. Even if my eyes were 20 years younger, you'd have a hard time timing somthing cause it's so hard to see the minute markers (ironic given that accurracy is supposed to be down to 1/100th of a second).

You also use the subdial to set the alarm. Keep in mind, though, that there's 2 hours between each major hash mark, not 1 and it makes even doing a simple task like that a bit more challenging and frustrating.

Finally, it's also used as a 24-hour subdial for a second time. In this role, I guess it's fine as long as the minute hand isn't blocking it.

The other thing is that I thought it would synch with an atomic clock closer to HNL. However, if you set your home city to HNL, it syncs to the atomic clock in Ft. Collins. I have yet to get a signal way out here.

The one feature that may pursuade me to keeping it is that it can be set up to quickly swap times between 2 time zones. That's pretty helpful. Also the lum isn't too bad.

Re: Sky Cockpit

I agree. Many posts I've read here (about all sorts of Casios) suggest that if you want useful practicality rather than style and cool factor, you need a digital G, or a combination ana-digi.

I've never got around to buying an all-analogue multifunction Casio, as when I've tried them in shops they seem far too sluggish to change modes, and hard to read, as you say.

Wink Re: Sky Cockpit

Aloha Island Watcher,

Congrats with your Sky Cockpit. Great watch. Since I have one, I am wearing it pretty often. Indeed, it's very simply to switch between timezones. Also pretty useful when taking photo's of the watch I hope you eventually pick up the Atomic Signal. Hawaii ain't easy I think.

Malaho,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That orange dial really pops~Congrats!

What a great looking watch! I love Analog dials - they're great for at-a-glance time checks when you are really active - ie. mtn biking!

Does the dial lume glow orange at night? and if so, is it overpowered by the hands?

(This watch is on my radar if the alarm is loud enough...)

GREAT!

planning on getting the blue version just to be different.....

I am in the same boat. I just got this same watch and yeah, the subdials are about worthless. I am also not a fan of the resin strap, they should have made it a little wider I think. Oh, and if it is 49mm I will eat it!

HNL is in the US therefore will "attempt" to sync with the Ft Collins signal. I'm sure it won't but I don't think Casio makes an atomic that will do anything other than that.
    -Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

I got one a couple weeks ago and I love it. The functions are just what you described, but I like it anyway. I have learned that you just can't expect digital functions in an analog watch. I personally don't have the need to time things very often, the alarm is sufficient, and it displays the day and date. That is enough to keep me happy. The time is also easy to read. since it is so new, I have been wearing mine non-stop since I got it.

Synch: The lume is surprisingly green by the way.

Grats! I can relate on your observations! Initially, I loved this watch. But after 2 days, the wow factor fizzled. I mean I still like it, but was more stoked "waiting" for it. Hahahaha! The reason: It's size. I knew the measurements, but expected more. I still get many compliments.
    -Jimmy Mac!-
    "Was She Looking At Me or Was She Looking at My G?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information