Sleep Mode Question on Solar

Thread: Sleep Mode Question on Solar

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sleep Mode Question on Solar

Hi all: do you put your "G's" in the sleep mode even if you wear daily? Not totally clear on this?

Thanks!

Blaine

Re: Sleep Mode Question on Solar

The newer Tough Solar watches do it automatically; Power Save (PS) mode turns off the display after it senses that there has been little to no ambient light for some time, and restores the display when lighting conditions improve.

On the older models such as the G-2300/2310, the Sleep function is manually engaged, so the wearer can choose to turn off the display even under adequate lighting.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; August 8th, 2010 at 07:14.
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

As per above really; my GW 2000 eventually just nods off on its own accord.

I have to confess to being slightly thrilled (how very sad!) when I draw the curtains first thing when I get up and it leaps into action.

There are some subtle pleasures about owning a G!
    Current watches:

Casio GW-2000B
    Casio G-7710
    Rolex Explorer

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Haha, I think everyone enjoys that moment.

I always wondered how much power they actually saved - after all there is usually a save icon or otherwise still flashing on the display, so some power must still go to the display?

My original Raysman you can put to sleep manually by holding down Mode, which afaik is unique
    55 watches. 30 Casios. Appalling bank balance!

Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    My original Raysman you can put to sleep manually by holding down Mode, which afaik is unique
    Also available on the G-2300 / G-2310.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thanks Gentlemen..and clarification

Upon furhter reading and my unserstanding, mine is a Tough Solar, but there is a "Sleep Mode" on mine. You can choose to turn it "On" if you plan on leaving it in a area for several days with low light or no available light to conserve battery OR keep it "Off". Since I am wearing it daily, I guess just leaving it in "Off" position should be fine?

Thanks!

Blaine

The LCD displays actually use up VERY little energy. The sleep mode is just a bonus, really. Here's an interesting example of just how little energy they use. It's an episode of "The Secret Life of Machines". I loved that show when it was on years ago. Very informative, indeed, and they made some fairly mundane things quite "exciting". Here it is on YouTube:
    YouTube - ‪The Secret Life of Machines - Quartz Watch part 2‬‎
    Starting about 8:20 he demonstrates just how little energy it takes to polarize the liquid crystal. Obviously a watch needs a bit more than that to carry on timing functions, but, the display itself is likely the least of the energy draw.
    All three parts of this episode are truly worth watching, really. There is SOME tv worth watching once in a while, eh?

Josh

Awesome Josh..fun to watch! Thanks for the link.

Best,

Blaine

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.B. View Post
    The LCD displays actually use up VERY little energy. The sleep mode is just a bonus, really. Here's an interesting example of just how little energy they use. It's an episode of "The Secret Life of Machines". I loved that show when it was on years ago. Very informative, indeed, and they made some fairly mundane things quite "exciting". Here it is on YouTube:
    YouTube - ‪The Secret Life of Machines - Quartz Watch part 2‬‎
    Starting about 8:20 he demonstrates just how little energy it takes to polarize the liquid crystal. Obviously a watch needs a bit more than that to carry on timing functions, but, the display itself is likely the least of the energy draw.
    All three parts of this episode are truly worth watching, really. There is SOME tv worth watching once in a while, eh?

Josh

I don't use the sleep mode when I'm wearing the watch because I just don't like it when I'm watching a movie or something and look at my watch in the dark living room and the display is blank. I also don't like it when I press the light button in the middle of the night and the watch doesn't react right away because it's in PS mode.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Who hasn't nudged their partner and said:

"Shhh..look..my watch is asleep"

?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information