Slight mod to a G-7900-3
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Slight mod to a G-7900-3

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Slight mod to a G-7900-3

Hi,
    there's a little background story to the following "mini mod" - I once bought a nylon strap for the G-7900MS-3 as I intended to put it on my GD-350 - when it arrived I found out it didn't work as the lug holes are in slightly different places even though it has the standard 16mm. So I simply kept it in a drawer. Then I decided I needed another G-7900-3 - I had one once but foolishly sold it due to some squeaking of the resin when buttons were pressed. So I ordered one of the remaining few of ebay - the wait began and it never arrived - the seller shipped out another one which still has to arrive. Out of panic I bought one in heavily used condition from German ebay as I thought I might never get another one and to me the G-7900-3 is still one of the best OD green G-Shocks. So - finally I could put the G-7900MS-strap to good use since the original strap was pretty worn anyway (it's still OK to wear but the edges have worn off and it's all shiny).
    So here's the pics - first I took a pic of the screws you have to remove - I wanted to make sure I re-insert them to the correct position and not overtighten them:

(pics are not too good - some where taken with my phone, some with a camera and at different times of day with different lighting conditions)

I then removed the wings and strap - the bezel followed - I expected to find a lot of gunk since the watch looked so worn but there hardly was any. I was surprised that the watch felt quite heavy even without the bezel and strap - the hard resin case seems to be really tough - it almost felt like steel to the touch.

The strap - this is the inside - on the outside it's a very dark green:

It was difficult to attach it - a very tight fit and the springbars popped back out a couple of times - I also punctured my left middlefinger with the springbartool .

The result was well worth the effort - it makes a great watch even better - with the resin strap sometimes my armhair got caught between the wings and the strap - can't happen anymore now.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Re: Slight mod to a G-7900-3

Thinking about also doing this. Looks good.

LUW

I think a nylon strap looks fantastic on a 7900. I almost wish mine was in another color to do exactly this.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys! The strap also came in black which would make a nice combo with the red G-7900 IMO - the problem is to get one. The green one was the only one I could find at all. It was from tiktox.com and he still has it in stock. The G-7900MS itself also seems to be getting quite rare - at least on ebay or amazon.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

JwY

Looks really good. I like how the width is still wide as well to match the case.
    My Tissot Seastar 1000 (2011 Edition) Review:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/tis...on-560425.html

i enjoyed reading your story more than the mod, it sounds so familiar to everyone in here ... man bought an extra bands....it doesn't fit ... he needs another G for the bands... G doesn't arrive fast enough ... man gets panic... therefore orders another G... then he feels the need for an extra bands.... and so on and so on...

LOLz
    Rocat and Sedi like this.

@G-fob
    lol - yes, might happen to anyone .

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

lvt

Chuck Norris liked and approved this mod
    Sedi likes this.
    Ball - Casio / G-shock - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Seiko - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Quote Originally Posted by lvt View Post
    Chuck Norris liked and approved this mod
    LOLz

cheers, Sedi
    lvt and Rocat like this.
    Cheers
    Sedi

lvt

OK, as we mentioned Chuck Norris, here is the best quote about him :

Superman and Chuck Norris once bet on an arm wrestling match. The loser had to wear his underwear on the outside of his clothes.
    So now you know why Superman has his underwear outside of his clothes.
    Rocat, Chrisek and Sedi like this.
    Ball - Casio / G-shock - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Seiko - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information