Small Phillip's Head screwdriver for the straps?

Thread: Small Phillip's Head screwdriver for the straps?

Small Phillip's Head screwdriver for the straps?

Where can I find a screwdriver small enough for the screws on the side of the case? The smallest one will put scratches int he screw-heads. Thanks!

--Greg

I bought a small screwdriver used for repairing glasses at WalMart for around $2. The Phillips head is the perfect size and it also has a flat head that is perfect for removing spring bars.

Sent from the Office of the Reincarnated President of the Republic of Texas
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

Re: Small Phillip's Head screwdriver for the straps?

Hey, Greg! If you're still located in the same town in NJ (You may not remember but we live in the same town and I bought a gw-7900b and gw-6900bc from you. It was on Christmas day 2 years ago.) there is a hardware store on Main St. close to the post office. I picked up a smaller philips head for $3 and some change last week. They do have screwdrivers for eyeglass repairs, but I feel like they're too small and I never get enough torque on em. Perhaps I'm just a weakling.
    Last edited by G_Me; November 21st, 2011 at 15:57.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Best one I have ever found for general tasks with watches - Home Depot:
    Husky 6-Piece Phillips and Slotted Screwdriver Set , Model # 74501 Internet # 100074336 Store SKU # 163149
    This thing is GREAT & the heads fit just about anything you will find on any G-Shock. Cheap money & will last a life time. Great positive engagement with slot or Phillips head screws. Try it; I'll bet you will pick one up (or ask Santa - Xmas is just around the corner!)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowback View Post
    Best one I have ever found for general tasks with watches - Home Depot:
    Husky 6-Piece Phillips and Slotted Screwdriver Set , Model # 74501 Internet # 100074336 Store SKU # 163149
    This thing is GREAT & the heads fit just about anything you will find on any G-Shock. Cheap money & will last a life time. Great positive engagement with slot or Phillips head screws. Try it; I'll bet you will pick one up (or ask Santa - Xmas is just around the corner!)
    That's the one I use too. Works great.

I have the whole jewelers set of screwdrivers, but I also got a stubby set with interchangeable bits. Just like the ones on larger screwdrivers, but all mini bits.

I have found that I actually have better luck using a small flathead on the G-Shock phillips bezel screws, less stripping. I have this set I bought from amazon on the cheap, they have worked out well: http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-66-052...1897525&sr=8-3

Quote Originally Posted by G_Me View Post
    Hey, Greg! If you're still located in the same town in NJ (You may not remember but we live in the same town and I bought a gw-7900b and gw-6900bc from you. It was on Christmas day 2 years ago.) there is a hardware store on Main St. close to the post office. I picked up a smaller philips head for $3 and some change last week. They do have screwdrivers for eyeglass repairs, but I feel like they're too small and I never get enough torque on em. Perhaps I'm just a weakling.
    I do remember you! We met Golden Eagle Diner on 239 Broad Ave. in Palisades Park, and talked watches for quite a while! Anyway, my wife and I moved to Flushing from Fort Lee, but kept our place in Fort Lee to rent out. I'm still wearing G-Shocks and Swiss autos, but more G-Shocks!

--Greg

Snowback and Riley - I think I'll try the Husky set!

--Greg

+1 on the Husky set I have both the phillips/sliotted set and the torx set. Keep them in my laptop bag.
    GW-3000BB-1A(with Bracelet), GX-56KG-3, GDF-100BB, GDF-100-1, GA-100SD-8A, GD-350-8, G-001-8C, GLX-150-7, GLX-150-1, DW-6900CS-7

Thread Information