Small problem with my g9000

Thread: Small problem with my g9000

Small problem with my g9000

I love my mudman but have a small problem with part of the band. The little thing that holds the loose end of the band on the buckle side got torn off. I am searching and having no luck finding that part or even a part number.

I really don't want to buy a new band just to get that one piece since the bands are like $30. Does anyone know the proper name, part number and if casio sells them? I hate calling up places when I don't have an exact part number to give them.

Right now I'm using a ZipTie it's so sad to see my poor muddie in this state.

Re: Small problem with my g9000

The part is commonly referred to as a "band keeper". I don't think it will be sold separately but it might be the same part as on other cheaper straps like the DW-5600E.

Keepers are not sold separately. You can go to Wal-Mart or Target and purchase a cheap resin strap, maybe around $12. Another option would be a thrift store, perhaps they will have some watches for sale that are dead and you could use the keeper from them. Try an O-ring if nothing else, for about a buck at a hardware store. I use them on all G's to stop the keeper from sliding or to tuck in the last bit of strap that tends to snag on stuff.
    Matt

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys, keeper, that makes sense ha. I only have 2 G's and I don't want to start cannibalizing the other one(fisherman) for parts. I like the O-ring idea though.

When looking at replacement bands I was almost ready to just buy a new mudman. In my mind if the band is $30 and a whole new watch is $90 I might as well get a new one and have my old one for parts ; ) ... The wife never likes my logic .

Quote Originally Posted by iwannadie View Post

When looking at replacement bands I was almost ready to just buy a new mudman. In my mind if the band is $30 and a whole new watch is $90 I might as well get a new one and have my old one for parts ; ) ... The wife never likes my logic .
    Think about it, for 120 $ you could even buy a new band and a new G. Logic is great
    G9100BP - GLX5600 (*4) - G5600 (*3) - GLS5600 - GWM5600 - G7710 - G2500 (*2) - SGW100

You could try going to walmart or some such store. They have lots of cheap digital watches. There must be one whose strap keeper would fit on the g9000. You could then use an o-ring on the cheapie walmart watch.

I've seen point zero watches at Walmart that are look-a-likes of some G's.

Ghobbit

Thread Information