Small Touches On AWGM100a-1a and Gulfmaster GWN1000-9a
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wongsky

Thread: Small Touches On AWGM100a-1a and Gulfmaster GWN1000-9a

Small Touches On AWGM100a-1a and Gulfmaster GWN1000-9a

I saw a good deal on an AWG100a-1a and jumped on it. The AWG100b-1a always looked cool, and I figured this one was pretty close... I would either like the blue stainless steel bezel, or swap in the black bezel of the AWG100b-1a and have something unique. The watch arrived on Friday and the jury is still out for me on if I will swap the bezel, but I noticed something cool that I hadn't noticed in the online photos: there is blue anodization around the lcd windows, and around every tick mark. Ironically the GWN1000-9a had the same surprise for me when I got that earlier in the year (and it looks like the blue and black models of the Gulfmaster also have it judging from the pics). It is subtle, but the blue is a nice bit of eye candy when the light hits it.

I had a heck of a time trying to capture it with iPhone pics, but here is a sample of each... first the AWGM100 where you can see it best at 5 and 11 o'clock, as well as around the left LCD window.
    Name:  IMG_3891_1024x1024.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  139.1 KB

Here is the Gulfmaster where you can see it around 7 and 9 o'clock:
    Name:  IMG_3889_1024x1024.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  189.8 KB

The pics really don't do them justice. The blue is very intense once you notice it and is a similar deep blue on both models even if the AWG looks weak in the pics. For those of you that own these guys make sure you take a close look around the face and enjoy the blue bing!

Re: Small Touches On AWGM100a-1a and Gulfmaster GWN1000-9a

Quote Originally Posted by dpeete View Post
    I saw a good deal on an AWG100a-1a and jumped on it. The AWG100b-1a always looked cool, and I figured this one was pretty close... I would either like the blue stainless steel bezel, or swap in the black bezel of the AWG100b-1a and have something unique. The watch arrived on Friday and the jury is still out for me on if I will swap the bezel, but I noticed something cool that I hadn't noticed in the online photos: there is blue anodization around the lcd windows, and around every tick mark. Ironically the GWN1000-9a had the same surprise for me when I got that earlier in the year (and it looks like the blue and black models of the Gulfmaster also have it judging from the pics). It is subtle, but the blue is a nice bit of eye candy when the light hits it.

I had a heck of a time trying to capture it with iPhone pics, but here is a sample of each... first the AWGM100 where you can see it best at 5 and 11 o'clock, as well as around the left LCD window.
    Name:  IMG_3891_1024x1024.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  139.1 KB
    That's the AWG-M100 variant I bought - and I have to say - even now, it's my favourite G for looks.

I gave it to my son, as he really liked it and wanted it, and I always said if I replaced it for myself, I'd get the AWG-M100 with the positive LCDs - but I still think the blue one, above, is the best looking one by far.
    dpeete likes this.

Re: Small Touches On AWGM100a-1a and Gulfmaster GWN1000-9a

Definitely a looker... but I would love to see one of these in person:
    Name:  awgm100ba1ajf3.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  127.2 KB

The negative display LCDs are very difficult to read and the above model would definitely help with that. But I can't tell if the darkness is what makes it such a looker to begin with. I am sure this guy would say the latter:
    Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  90.0 KB

Thread Information