smallish, titanium, sapphire, solar, radio watch that allows after market leather band
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By frhoads

Thread: smallish, titanium, sapphire, solar, radio watch that allows after market leather band

smallish, titanium, sapphire, solar, radio watch that allows after market leather band

Gentlemen,
    Guess that's a long list.
    Been studying watchuseek for about 30 hours.
    Started by loving the oceanus. But it is too pricey.
    CASIO OCEANUS OCW-S100-1AJF

Then liked the citizen;
    Citizen Men's AT4010-50E Titanium Dress Watch

Now moved on to the Casio lineage models.
    CASIO LINEAGE (LCW-M170TD-1AJF) ~ $233

CASIO LINEAGE LIW-M610TDS-1A2JF ~ $299

I'm leaning towards the last one, as I'd like to not have any LCD.
    Now my questions:
    Why gives on the models prefixes for the lineage LCW and LIW ? It doesn't make sense to me.
    It the second one says its a 2015 model. Any advantage to that?

Right now, I'm wearing my father's watch that he gave me before passing away. Rolex oyster perpetual datejust, from ~ 1970.
    Hadn't worn it in a while as I didn't want to lose it. But it's such a nice watch, it got me interested in getting a "daily driver".
    Jonathan

Re: smallish, titanium, sapphire, solar, radio watch that allows after market leather band

CITIZEN AT8040-57E ATTESA Watch Titanium Eco-drive.

One of my favorites. Meets all of your criteria.
    /Forrest

Re: smallish, titanium, sapphire, solar, radio watch that allows after market leather band

That citizen is a very nice watch. Little expensive for me.
    It has better water performance than the Casios. That last Casio I mention has a version with all black dials,LIW-M610TDS-1AJF

This Citizen and that Casio seem very very similar.
    Thank you
    jonathan

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	watch.jpg 
Views:	533 
Size:	177.3 KB 
ID:	6831218

Hi treepeony,

I just bought the liw m610tds a month ago! Like you, I wanted a watch that was all analog so i didn't go for the other lineage models. It is very light, has sapphire glass and is very comfortable to wear. The watch has a very fine finish to it, and looks really good in person. Also, this watch has a 24 hour stopwatch and timer, which makes it better than most g-shocks ;) The alarm is of decent loudness as well. If you are looking for a more fully-featured all-analog dress watch, I highly recommend the m610.

Oh and also on the manual it says water resistant to 5atm, but at the casio service center they water tested mine up to 10atm and it's fine :D

Quote Originally Posted by Plasticmonky View Post
    Oh and also on the manual it says water resistant to 5atm, but at the casio service center they water tested mine up to 10atm and it's fine :D
    Thanks for the information. May I ask if you got the gold accented one or the plain black version. Jonathan

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

I wouldn't worry too much about water resistance. There's no credible "horsepower" boasting to be done with water resistance, for non-dive watches. Most of these watches are rated to at least 50M or more. And that's perfectly fine for swimming. I wouldn't suggest use for diving, because... well, these aren't dive rated watches.

Citizen has made many, many watches along these lines. You may want to browse used but great condition examples on "that auction site", if anything to get a better idea of what has been made, but also the opportunity to save a lot of money.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

A few of the PRW3000/3100 variants are using either titanium bracelet or sapphire glass, or both. Those could meet all 5 of the criteria in your title, that is if you like Digital only watches.

The PRW6000, which is analog-digital, also have variant that are using titanium or sapphire or both. Those could meet your criteria too, but not as small as the PRW3000/3100.

I ended up placing an order for the liw-610tds. Got the black only version. Seems to be a bargain at $300. The others are beautiful watches as well.
    jonathan

Thread Information