So how about that new Mudman?

Thread: So how about that new Mudman?

So how about that new Mudman?

Any GW-9300 owners here? I'm guessing there are...

What are your experiences? How's the accuracy of the sensor readings?

I'm quite excited about it; not just about this particular watch but more so because it is another step closer to my grail: a solar atomic g-shock pro-trek

Thanks, Paul

Re: So how about that new Mudman?

It's great, the functions work very well. Easy to read and very comfortable. The only thing I would change is make the case a bit less thick/chunky (but I guess some people prefer that)... I like the thickness of the Riseman case, but I prefer the Mudman for the compass, display, and overall looks.

I don't have one yet but I'm also pretty excited about it - it's very close to being the perfect G-Shock IMO. Especially as it combines 1,000 hr STW with 24 hr timer and still shows current time in almost all modes. What more can you want? I gotta start saving. Considering the sensors - it's really not much on it except for compass and thermometer - so I guess it should work fine. But maybe someone tested it against a high-quality compass. I hope I can afford one before the Euro/Yen-exchange rate gets any worse.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Must admit I love the look of it - and the non-atomic version is on my Wishlist. But isn't it expensive considering the limited feature set !! (Just compass and thermometer) got say the new GR-8900 is also on my wish list and at the lower price will be the one i go for

Mark

Yes I want one, just waiting for the US release.
    I hear it's gonna be released in Sept.

"Please ignore the following post of you're easily offended by people ranting against the new expensive Mudman…..now, on to the post"

I hate to be a wet blanket but why do they charge >$300 USD for a muddie when they charge about $100 for a 5600J.
    The changes seem to be the addition of solar/atomic, compass/thermo and a redesigned case.
    Granted those are quite a few changes, but why would I buy a Riseman? Owning a Riseman why would I buy a Muddie?
    I find it disturbing that Casio is adding a feature set (that is now relatively inexpensive to produce since they've done it for so long) to existing models and getting close to tripling the price.

It's a G-Shock Mudman right?

Nope, it's now a high end outdoor survival instrument with easier to depress buttons…..that you can slop around in the mud with……

Where is my re-release 9052 series $50 brand new knock around weekend warrior wrist tank?

What am I missing? Am I out of line on this???? Do I simply need a beer?

Casio, I love your watches, but $1000 Frogmen, $350 Mudmen and $3000 MT-G Series watches didn't make you what you are today.

Anxiously awaiting the release of the $1200 Giez-Rescue Series RisefromtheMudFrogMan. In Tacky Khaki….
    A Møøse once bit my sister...
    Artego Caribbean, 300M
    Casio (too many G's)
    Dagaz(Zero I),
    Gruppo Gamma MK III Vanguard
    Omega(2254.50 SMP)
    Seiko(1G custom Monster, custom 6309)
    Follow my G-Shock on its' world tour​.... https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/g-...-a-705360.html
    Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

Considering that the MSRP of a GW-9200 is 200€ in Germany and an imported GW-9300 would cost me 300€ including shipping from Japan and taxes I think the price ain't even that high - especially considering the strong Yen. If the GW-9300 would be sold in europe I think the price would only be slightly more expensive than the GW-9200 (maybe around 250€) - and it also has the carbon fibre strap and judging from the pics a much better build quality then the Riseman.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Technically the $300+ version is not a US release so you are probably a bit early to rant about pricing.
    Let's wait till September and see what the true price will be as I imagine it to be less.
    Although I do agree about the high prices Casio has been charging for a relatively inexpensive watch and hope they too will come back down, I highly doubt it will happen as all prices have been increasing for most goods.
    Also, street prices will come down in time. Just wait a few months.
    Last edited by OceanView; July 20th, 2011 at 01:37.

I thought the GW-9300 won't get an international release? So we're only gonna get the G-9300 without atomic reception and without the carbon fibre strap which will be much cheaper anyway.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Thread Information