So I've been bitten by the G-Shock bug, where's the best place to buy more? :D

Thread: So I've been bitten by the G-Shock bug, where's the best place to buy more? :D

So I've been bitten by the G-Shock bug, where's the best place to buy more? :D

I'm thinking about getting a Froggy, I especially like the looks of the DW-9900 and GW-200 but I can't seem to find anywhere that has them in stock.

Also, can anyone tell me whats a fair price? I've seen them going for all sorts of prices. I'm not after any of the expensive limited editions, just a basic sort of frog.

Any other suggestions as to what should come after a G-9000 if i'm going to build up a mini collection? I Love the Mudman, so I think I'll like the chunky Ti Frogmen too.

Cheers,

Paul

Wink Re: So I've been bitten by the G-Shock bug, where's the best place to buy more? :D

Hi Paul,

except for the TC frog, I'm afraid prices for a new GW-200 start from about $200,- They are not easy to find, since the TC sources seem to run dry (I',m not sure for the situations in the US shops, but I don't know where you are from).

I See our sponsor HBWatches still has a green TC Frog for $170,- that's a good price I asume. I saw some other shops with the TC frogs this week, but I do not know the links. It would be wise probably to regularly check our Sales corner. There are often rare G-Shock models for sale.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Inactive

Re: So I've been bitten by the G-Shock bug, where's the best place to buy more? :D

Quote Originally Posted by jounetsu
    I'm thinking about getting a Froggy, I especially like the looks of the DW-9900 and GW-200 but I can't seem to find anywhere that has them in stock.

Also, can anyone tell me whats a fair price? I've seen them going for all sorts of prices. I'm not after any of the expensive limited editions, just a basic sort of frog.

Any other suggestions as to what should come after a G-9000 if i'm going to build up a mini collection? I Love the Mudman, so I think I'll like the chunky Ti Frogmen too.

Cheers,

Paul
    Paul,
    NOt sure about availability of the DW-9900, but the GW-200 can be found at several places online - but it depends on whether you want the Triple Crown edition (has TC logo on caseback) or the other one, which has the frog on the caseback. The TC logo version can be had under $200 at places like 4-watches.com among others (See g-peopleland.com - Sjors website which has lots of great info and places to buy!) As for limited edition Froggies, they pop up on the sales forum here, on the bay (watch for fakes), and folks like Ozzie here have a great website with some very collectible ones (i.e. what's your budget??). javys.com also has some older limited editions - I just checked their prices today, and for the Frogman models GW-200 (not the TC), price was around $260 and model DW-8200 around $388. SO it really just depends on your budget, tastes, style, etc. I'm sure more people here who are MUCH MORE knowledgeable than me can be of assistance as well!

Thread Information