So, ... What do you think?

Thread: So, ... What do you think?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Question So, ... What do you think?

A company I worked with gave its employees Rolex watches after 5 years employment. I received mine in July of 2002. It was my only watch and I wore it daily until I sold it in April of 2006 to finance the purchase of a travel trailer for our family outings. I put a battery in my old 1999 Citizen Navsail Stars and Stripes and wore it until June of 2007 when the mode hand fell off (anyone want that Citizen, free to a good home). In June of this year I discovered the wonderful world of G-Shock with the purchase of a GW700BDJ-2. Since then I've bought four more g-shocks.

That background was needed for this. I've just come into some $$s. Maybe $300 plus. I've noticed most G-Shock forum members have more watches than just G-Shocks. Right now, all my watches are digital. I think I need an analog watch, with second hand. Maybe even not a G-Shock *gasp*.

I enjoy wearing my GW700BDJ more than anything else because of the heft of the thing. I think that may be a Rolex and Citizen reflex. I was use to a heavy watch for many years. I'm thinking maybe I may need a mechanical (automatic?) watch. I see many forum member with the Seiko Orange Monsters. I love the looks of that watch. I just don't know.

What do you think I should buy? In the 2-3 hundred range? Used is fine as long as it is in good shape. I'm planning on looking in the watches for sale portion of WUS... kind of shopping around. A nice analog Casio is NOT out of the question.

Sorry this was so long... BUT I NEED HELP, FRIENDS....

Cheers,
    Gawain
    Orient: Black Mako (FEM65001BW)
    G-Shock: DW9052-2V, DW56RT-1V, G2500-3V, DW-9700UL-9T, DW-003S, DW-003H-9T, G9000-MX4, DW-004, GW-9200RJ-4JF, G-5500SRF
    Seiko: SKX781 Orange Monster, SNK807 Seiko 5, SUN017P1, SNP105 (incoming)
    Tissot: PRC200
    Other: Stuhrling Skeleton (1070.33161)

"Don't wait for the perfect moment, take this moment and make it perfect."
    ---Dr. Simon Atkins

"Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one."
    ---Albert Einstein

"The capper is that, like life, golf is a game that can't be won, only played."
    ---Bagger Vance

Re: So, ... What do you think?

In that price range I dont think you can beat Seiko...

If you shop around used you could easily have a basic SKX diver with a 7S26 movement...
    You could also probably find one of the Ti "Samurai's" in that range.. (bottom right above)
    For a bit more you could get a Seiko "Sumo". These have the wonderful 6R15 movement in them...

A used Hamilton could fall into that price range...

For jsut about that much or maybe a little more you could prehaps find a used Tissot...

Really, there are so many options in that price range you would need to narrow your serach... Auto or Quartz?? Pilot, Diver, Dress??? SS or TI???
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

Thanks Jeff....

Is titanium light weight... ? Does a heavy looking watch become lighter if it has titanium construction?

-Gawain (trying to narrow my choices.. I'm looking for a heavier watch)
    Orient: Black Mako (FEM65001BW)
    G-Shock: DW9052-2V, DW56RT-1V, G2500-3V, DW-9700UL-9T, DW-003S, DW-003H-9T, G9000-MX4, DW-004, GW-9200RJ-4JF, G-5500SRF
    Seiko: SKX781 Orange Monster, SNK807 Seiko 5, SUN017P1, SNP105 (incoming)
    Tissot: PRC200
    Other: Stuhrling Skeleton (1070.33161)

"Don't wait for the perfect moment, take this moment and make it perfect."
    ---Dr. Simon Atkins

"Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one."
    ---Albert Einstein

"The capper is that, like life, golf is a game that can't be won, only played."
    ---Bagger Vance

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

most certainly. Ti rocks! Its much lighter and much stronger than steel. Its only drawback is that it does scuff easier. I always get Ti watches with a brushed look. I can take a scotchbrite pad and brush the watch and in a minute the watch will look brand new!

Some people that are used to SS watches sometiimes claim the Ti is TOO light. My wedding ring is Ti... as is my bike!

There can be only one... choice!

It's big, heavy, solid, extremely comfortable band!

It's fulfills every criteria you mentioned and more!

It's probably the watch i feel most passionate out of my collection and the last one I'd get rid of. You can't get a better watch for $200 in my opinion. You won't regret it honest!

As for titanium, my protrek is titanium and to be honest as nice as it is I prefer the heavier feel of SS

Last edited by hoochy; August 24th, 2007 at 14:48.

Watches are frickin evil!

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain View Post
    Thanks Jeff....

Is titanium light weight... ? Does a heavy looking watch become lighter if it has titanium construction?

-Gawain (trying to narrow my choices.. I'm looking for a heavier watch)
    I think titanium is light but very strong. I agree with what Jeff says about Seiko being a good way to go in that price range for automatics. Personally I love the monster. Mine's black, which is slightly more conservative than the orange I think. If you do go for a monster, I'd make sure it's on the steel bracelet.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

You guys will kill me, and maybe im the only one... but I never could dig the looks of the Monster on me. Somethign about that scalloed bezel. LOL... :)

But they are VERY popular indeed! A little too heavy for me. I wore mine on a strap when I wore it. Then I traded or sold it...

Jeff... I'm going to kill you!

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_C View Post
    You guys will kill me, and maybe im the only one... but I never could dig the looks of the Monster on me. Somethign about that scalloed bezel. LOL... :)
    There's method in the madness though. The shape of the bezel protects the domed crystal.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Theres always the mythical 'Green Monster'

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information