So what's the story with HB?

Thread: So what's the story with HB?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs Up So what's the story with HB?

I've been on the verge of buying 2 or 3 watches there the last couple of weeks, and when I've got to the point of buying, I suddenly find the price has been jacked up with out any warning. One example was the PAW1300T which was $225...when I checked a few days later to order, it was up $70 to $295. The more recent one was the Gulfman G9100TC...it went up to $89 (over 10%) in the last day or so.

I know there are other shops to buy Casios from, but HB is the only shop that has realistic international shipping charges. Other shops often charge $40-50 for shipping.

Edit: please check posts below for update based on communications with HB.
    Last edited by bluegum; August 31st, 2007 at 07:49.

Re: So what's the story with HB?

Bloody Hell buddy
    Bas----tards
    Orient: Black Mako (FEM65001BW)
    G-Shock: DW9052-2V, DW56RT-1V, G2500-3V, DW-9700UL-9T, DW-003S, DW-003H-9T, G9000-MX4, DW-004, GW-9200RJ-4JF, G-5500SRF
    Seiko: SKX781 Orange Monster, SNK807 Seiko 5, SUN017P1, SNP105 (incoming)
    Tissot: PRC200
    Other: Stuhrling Skeleton (1070.33161)

"Don't wait for the perfect moment, take this moment and make it perfect."
    ---Dr. Simon Atkins

"Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one."
    ---Albert Einstein

"The capper is that, like life, golf is a game that can't be won, only played."
    ---Bagger Vance

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by bluegum View Post
    I've been on the verge of buying 2 or 3 watches there the last couple of weeks, and when I've got to the point of buying, I suddenly find the price has been jacked up with out any warning. One example was the PAW1300T which was $225...when I checked a few days later to order, it was up $70 to $295. The more recent one was the Gulfman G9100TC...it went up to $89 (over 10%) in the last day or so.

I know there are other shops to buy Casios from, but HB is the only shop that has realistic international shipping charges. Other shops often charge $40-50 for shipping.

Seems like HB is exploiting any shift in daily or weekly demand...it's cost them three purchases from me at least.
    I presume you talk about the PAW1300T-7V. right now HB is selling the item for 275 US$. why don't you have a look at www.4-watches.com they sell the watch for 219US $ and their int'l shipping charges are not bad either.

regards, holger

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

HB is a grey-market trader, isn't it? The price of the stock they buy might fluctuate.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Confused Re: So what's the story with HB?

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    HB is a grey-market trader, isn't it? The price of the stock they buy might fluctuate.
    What? I thought they are a Casio authorized dealer. This is current issue we are referring to in this thread.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
    honi soit qui mal y pense
    http://forums.collectors.com/attachments//trozau_ani.gif
    gold - the barbarous relic!

Does anybody really know what time it is?
    Robert Lamm of the group Chicago, 1969

Quote Originally Posted by trozau View Post
    What? I thought they are a Casio authorized dealer. This is current issue we are referring to in this thread.
    I can't see any evidence of them being an AD on their website, but I may have missed it.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Cool Re: So what's the story with HB?

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I can't see any evidence of them being an AD on their website, but I may have missed it.
    When looking at their PAW1300T page and you click on 'more info' tab, the following is listed: "We are an Authorized Casio watch dealer.
    All our watches are brand new and come with all original packaging."
    trozau (troy ounce gold)

Beg your pardon - you are right.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure HB is an 'authorised dealer'...so that was no issue.

Cal...45, I'm aware of 4-watches prices etc, but they won't accept Australian PayPal (something to do with the verified address system we have iirc). I tried to order my dad's watch from them, and they rejected my PP because of some such technicality. I tried to contact them to work out a way around it, but they were reluctant to give me the time of day. I had to get a friend in the US to order for me and ship it...not ideal.

Re HB: a bloke from HB PM'd me the following...
    the reason for the price fluctuating on certain items is due to Casio imposing a certain discount they allow me to offer on high demand and/or limited edition watches, if my price is lower than their threshold than they are less likely to supply me those limited edition watches or high demand watches.
    I'm not really sure why this affects HB more than other shops seemingly, but I'll take their word for it. They didn't have to respond so quickly to my thread either, so kudos for that.

Also, they offered the watches to me at the original prices, which is nice...alas, I'm currently stuck in a 'saving cycle'...may be I can take them up on it in a few weeks.

Thanks for the replies.

Unhappy Re: So what's the story with HB?

D'oh! I see that 4-Watches and HB Watches both now have the PAW1400T at $279 so maybe Casio does have some say on how much discounts the authorized dealers can give.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information