So, who knows their M5600's?

Thread: So, who knows their M5600's?

So, who knows their M5600's?

I am no expert on these watches (as my recent flood of posts in your forum will suggest - apologies for the intusion), but I do love the look of them.

I am a big NASA fan, and I am buying this watch for this reason, but to be as authentic as possible, could someone tell me which of the various variations is the exact one that NASA currently issues / most recently issued?

Is it the one with the red line, or is it the all black one?

Photo's most welcome.

Many thanks!

Re: So, who knows their M5600's?

As far as I know, these are the models NASA approved:

DW5600C (screwback)
    DW5600E
    DW5900
    DW6900
    Master of G G-9000

You can read through HERE and HERE
    and probably many more. Use the "Search",
    it is the fastest way

From what I read in the past on the forum, I think one of the DW5600 (as well as one of the DW6900 or 6600) has been approved by NASA, and already was in space.
    These are not the most modern Gshock models obviously.
    And it doesn't mean that newer models couldn't be space approved if they were tested ! I'm pretty sure they would...
    Modern Gshocks pack newer features that make them more attractive IMO, although sometimes they loose some on the way (like CDT length in some cases).
    Personnally, I would recommend you newer models.
    G9100BP - GLX5600 (*4) - G5600 (*3) - GLS5600 - GWM5600 - G7710 - G2500 (*2) - SGW100

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for that.

I was meaning specifically which colour did they use - will follow the links and see if they hold the answer.

Cheers.

Just read Galpo's post : if the G9000 was approved then it's cool since its module is more up to date.
    G9100BP - GLX5600 (*4) - G5600 (*3) - GLS5600 - GWM5600 - G7710 - G2500 (*2) - SGW100

And why do Casio not make a bigger noise about their watch being NASA certified - the Omega Speedy Pro (as much as I adore it) pretty much trades on this reputation.

I think it is because everybody already knows that Casio have mainly utilitarian watches. Timex has one or two watches approved by NASA as well and they also don't advertise it either. They really don't have to. Omega has to because they're not known for tool watches. Sure some of their watches can be just as rugged as a Casio or Timex, but nobody will ever wear an Omega while working on their car or playing basketball on the street.

Mentioning NASA is just a trick to lure the guy who doesn't really know much about watches and needs an excuse to convince himself that he got a good watch. I have a set of kitchen knives that I love to use. I could care less about some other brand of knives used by Thomas Keller or Jaques Pepin. They may be expensive, high quality and very good knives, but they're probably not my style. I prefer German steel. I like the weight and I like the bilateral beveling of the edge. I don't like Japanese knives because they're beveled on one side, their handles fit better for right-handed people and not very suitable for southpaws like me. That is unless I order custom made knives for myself which is very expensive. They can advertise that every chef in Las Vegas uses their knife, but I'm not buying it because it's not for me. Only people who don't know what they want would fall for that trick.

Another great link, with a huge collection of G's, the one's that approved
    have a special blue logo in the picture.
    It's a great site, I believe Sjors has a link on his "G-Peopleland"

http://digilander.libero.it/generalresearch/index.html

(if you're interested only in which color, I can save you the trouble: all are black )

Thread Information