solar atomic future

Thread: solar atomic future

solar atomic future

Will one or both of these features become universal on future top of the line G's( masters, MR G, Giez etc) or not? Could this even extend to all G's?

Re: solar atomic future

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc22000
    Will one or both of these features become universal on future top of the line G's( masters, MR G, Giez etc) or not? Could this even extend to all G's?
    From what I know of the MRG, MRG2100. 3000, 7000 and 7100 they are all atomic solar. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I currently have a 7100 right now with atomic solar. I can't think of a better combination, good looks, G-shock, precise time, great battery life! Sounds like a winning combination to me.

Much of the world does not have 'atomic' time signals available, so that's not a fully useful feature.

I still have doubts about the rechargeable cells. Every rechargeable product seems to require cell replacement after a few years (I just replaced the Li Ion cell in my 3 year old Casio camera), so I'm not sure if there is much gain because regular watch batteries often last longer than that.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cesium
    Much of the world does not have 'atomic' time signals available, so that's not a fully useful feature.

I still have doubts about the rechargeable cells. Every rechargeable product seems to require cell replacement after a few years (I just replaced the Li Ion cell in my 3 year old Casio camera), so I'm not sure if there is much gain because regular watch batteries often last longer than that.
    I was somewhat skeptical solar watches at first myself. However, in 1996, I bought one of the early Citizen Eco-Drives (solar tech on the dial). It has the A119 module in it and was rated at a 40 day power reserve. In the 10 years I've had it, it has never run down or stopped and functions perfectly to this day. Apparently, the chemical makeup of the storage cells differs from other types of Li-Ion batteries and they don't degrade at the same rates as say, camera or laptop batteries. Watches draw very small amounts of current compared to other electronic devices. Anyway, my experience has been very good and I'm sold on the technology. Most of the G's I buy are at the least, solar. MH

Anton

I think anything that makes life easier makes sense. As long as the technology is proven then I think it's the natural way forward.

Thread Information