Solar losing charge

Thread: Solar losing charge

Solar losing charge

I charged one of my Raysman the other day, and now it's gone in sleep mode because it lost it's charge. I'm trying to charge it again, but I think it might need a new battery?

Has anyone had this happen, and what should I expect for Casio to charge me? Best case, worst case?

Thanks,
    Neil

Re: Solar losing charge

I've had my Raysman for about two years. When I first got it the battery was very low and it took me quite literally a full month of exposure to summertime sun to get it fully charged. Before it was fully charged the meter would go up and down. After a month of exposure to sunlight, though, it charged fully and it hasn't been off of a full four bars since.

The Raysman can store much more electricity than the newer solar models, so the battery can take much longer to charge. Have you given it a good couple of weeks of sunlight?

If you do need a new battery, and you don't want to DIY, I think you're in the $50 range (give or take) for a new batt., gaskets and pressure test.

Confused Re: Solar losing charge

Hi Neil,

Franklie I have had no problems with my Raysman. Could it be a little corrosion on the battery? Eventually the battery needs to be changed, but I think even the first Raysman do not need that now already...

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I charged it today to 3/4 strength, as I had done before, but it went blank within a week. I'll try to leave it out again, but think I'll need a new rechargeable battery.

I always send my babies out to Casio in New Jersey. They've done a good job for me in the past.

First time problem with a Raysman though!

Neil

Wink Re: Solar losing charge

Quote Originally Posted by solar g-shocker
    I always send my babies out to Casio in New Jersey. They've done a good job for me in the past.
    Hi Neil,

I guess that's the best option to do. Let me hear it if it turned out right.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Just remember that the Raysman has a fairly large solar storage capacity, as zeno pointed out.. and you will need continuous exposure to direct sunlight for quite a while, untill it reaches its peak. Sjors at one time also likened this process to filling up a swimming pool with a garden hose.... give it some time... leave it in a sunny place for about a week, and then see what happens. No sense in spending money for nothing!!

Wink Re: Solar losing charge

Quote Originally Posted by Devori
    Sjors at one time also likened this process to filling up a swimming pool with a garden hose....
    Hi Devon,

you have a great memory. That must be a very long time ago I wrote that. There was also a bit about equilibrium in that post I think. When charging and a short time after that the battery gives (when hardly energy is consumed) quiet a high potential, which over some time will drop to a equilibrium state. This can cause a four bar charged Touch Solar when it just reached this state to drop to the three bar stage. This specificly will happen when charging undr very light circumstances.

I know Neil is has several Raysman, so I suspect there is more something wrong with the battery than the above stated state of battery

Cheers,

Sjors

Cheers,

Sjors

sometimes right after some sun explosure, even if its showing something like 3 bars of charge, it will eventually "level off" to a level or 2 lower

cause somethings the charge "jump up" a level or 2 with sun explosure

so give it some time and some charge, and see if the solar cell will hold charge

it took me quite a while to keep my G2310 at full charge, and my frogman is still at 2nd level to the full charge (given i wore the G2310 more often than the frogman). but my G5600 only needs a sunny morning outside to charge to low to full ...

Thread Information