Solar without waveceptor

Thread: Solar without waveceptor

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Solar without waveceptor

Hello. I have been browsing through all the various G-shock models, for quite some time, but I'm having trouble finding models that are solar powered but are without waveceptor technology, as it is practically useless in my country. I like the 5600 model line, particularly G-5600, but for some reason I'm having trouble finding stores that sell them (and ship internationally). On some places where I managed to find this watch, lets say that the price wasn't logic. It comes out that the G-5600 (without waveceptor, but with solar power), is more expensive than the GW-5600 models, that seem to have both technologies. Can someone explain why is that so? Any other watch recommendation would be helpful too. Priorities are reliable solar power and tough and durable construction/materials, some basic functions like stopwatch, alarm, and countdown, and a price not higher than, let's say 125$.

btw. one more question.. How wide is the range of the waveceptor transmitters? I'm asking this because I'm interested if the German transmitters work for neighbor countries as well.

Tnx in advance

Re: Solar without waveceptor

I think the G-5600 was only released in Japan, which would explain it being harder to find. Other solar (non atomic) models are many of the Frogmans, the G-2300, and I believe there's a version of the new Riseman that's solar but not atomic. The G-2300 is cheap and easy to find, and uses a larger solar battery than most other models.

G-2300

"The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Miraculix View Post

btw. one more question.. How wide is the range of the waveceptor transmitters? I'm asking this because I'm interested if the German transmitters work for neighbor countries as well.

Tnx in advance
    I'm sure someone will answer your other questions but as far as reception is concerned it might help if we know exactly where you live, as there may be someone on here local to you who can give reception details .... and welcome by the way
    "The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise." Peter O'Toole

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The wavecepter is for the atomic clock right?

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Dont worry about not having a time signal and a GWM5600.
    Atomic watches also work without the signal as other quartz watches.
    If the GWM is cheaper then the G5600 then just buy it.

Where do you live? The german and UK senders are having a great range an covering almost the whole Europe.
    I received the german signal occasionally in Greece! :)

I maybe wrong, but, I believe all atomic watches allow you to manually change the time.

So, it would really not matter if you can calibrate your atomic watch in your country or not.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Shocks Are Cool. View Post
    I maybe wrong, but, I believe all atomic watches allow you to manually change the time.

So, it would really not matter if you can calibrate your atomic watch in your country or not.
    That's correct, you don't need to use the atomic feature if you don't want to.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

So, if Miraculi can only find ones with wavecepters.

It shouldn't matter either way.

Yes, but I thought it didn't make much sense to pay for a technology that may not work. But if it is true that the German signal may even be recieved in Greece, than I think I sholdn't have any problems with this technology, because I live in northern Croatia (less than 300 kilometers from southern Germany border). I think this just solved my problem, because in this case, I already have an idea of my ideal watch:

The only problem is the price but I guess it is worth it.

Btw. is it true that the GW-M5600-BC1 isn't for sale at the moment, or did I misunderstand something?

Quote Originally Posted by Miraculix View Post
    Btw. is it true that the GW-M5600-BC1 isn't for sale at the moment, or did I misunderstand something?
    Maybe not easy to find (especially at a good price) but it's available.

http://www.tiktox.com/casio-watches/...omic/p1983.htm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information