Some G-Shock news

Thread: Some G-Shock news

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Some G-Shock news

Gang,
    I spend alot of time on the PMWF and have discovered that in the USA JC Penny's seems to have the Susposedly Japan Market GW-5600J for sale. Can this mean that Casio has decided to relese the GW-5600J in this market?? I hear that it is costing about $100 BUT that a forumer on PMWF was luckily at the right place at the right time and snagged one for under $70 with discounts. My JCP don't have it (at least yet) If anybody could check they're JCP and confirm that the watches are in the store I would like to know.

Cheers
    Leon

Re: Some G-Shock news

I got an email from a guy in the USA that I emailed about his GW-5600J. It has full english instructions and it appears to be a actual Casio USA market product.

Cheers
    leon

all though I was hoping for this to happen(and kinda figured that it might happen)...

Given the fact that the classic 5XXX series is very popular here in the States and also that the GW-400 (which was susposed to be Japan Market) is now sold in the uSA (check Casio.com website)

I am still in a state of shock

Cheers
    Leon

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Cool Re: Some G-Shock news

Since I have some insight in Casio operations due to all my years of beeing intersted in Casios I might know what have happened!.

If you suddenly see a modell in a store that is not meant for the US market and that do not appear on the US website then it is a modell that some or maybe only one store have been given sent for free as a bonus for beeing loyal customers when they ordered some other Casios. Casio sometimes throw in surplus stocks into shipments to other countrys to keep prices from falling at the homemarket.

So if this modell only appeared at one store and then there is no more sign of its presence it is likely one of these free bonus shipments that Casio sent out!.

On this you might have something there. This has been known to happen. But i wonder if this might be more, Jcpenny's and Casio seem to have a very good relationship. I remember the 5 band Pathfinder was not sold by Casio any where else until JC Penny started selling it and on the Casio website under the news section it was said that JcPenny's was to get first crack at the PAW1200.

So this is anybody's guess still

Cheers
    Leon

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren
    If you suddenly see a modell in a store that is not meant for the US market and that do not appear on the US website then it is a modell that some or maybe only one store have been given sent for free as a bonus for beeing loyal customers when they ordered some other Casios. Casio sometimes throw in surplus stocks into shipments to other countrys to keep prices from falling at the homemarket.
    As far as I know, this was how my 'coppery red' 2300 ended up in England. Not sure if it was sent free or not, but tiktox are welcome to a bit of profit from me if that was the case.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Yes it’s in the store!!! Just went to JC penny and looked at both models. The lady said on the 2nd of august they go on sale and it will go for 60$. The watch is too small for me… If you call asking for the watch at jc penny the item number is. 050-6851-010501..

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Eckell
    Gang,
    I spend alot of time on the PMWF and have discovered that in the USA JC Penny's seems to have the Susposedly Japan Market GW-5600J for sale. Can this mean that Casio has decided to relese the GW-5600J in this market?? I hear that it is costing about $100 BUT that a forumer on PMWF was luckily at the right place at the right time and snagged one for under $70 with discounts. My JCP don't have it (at least yet) If anybody could check they're JCP and confirm that the watches are in the store I would like to know.

Cheers
    Leon

Quote Originally Posted by nzambr
    Yes it’s in the store!!! Just went to JC penny and looked at both models. The lady said on the 2nd of august they go on sale and it will go for 60$. The watch is too small for me… If you call asking for the watch at jc penny the item number is. 050-6851-010501..
    holy cow!!! $60 would be a screaming deal!

Hi stockae92 i live in los angeles also!!

Quote Originally Posted by stockae92
    holy cow!!! $60 would be a screaming deal!

Quote Originally Posted by nzambr
    Hi stockae92 i live in los angeles also!!
    of course!

we've met, remember?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information