Some people just don't care
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Some people just don't care

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Some people just don't care

It really grips me when you come across someone that is totally berelf of scruples, I sent a message to an ebayer last night after being caught out twice myself on there over the years buying a fake I told him the watch he's trying to sell is a fake frog, get a message back to prove it so sent him here and to a hooky site where his watch is being sold for £11, came back with "oh well if it sells and someone has a problem then i'll refund them when I have to but they might not know and I know nothing about this watch anyway" I ask you what kind of attitude is that to have don't care and will only refund if forced to. What a total waste of skin doesn't deserve his 100% rating on there.

Here it is if anyone wants to hit the report button on it I have from mine and the wifes account.

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Re: Some people just don't care

What I find puzzling is that most sellers on eBay who sell fakes have 100% Positive Feedback.

People should be reporting these fraud sellers who advertise these watches as genuine/authentic to eBay.
    Current Rotation:
    Tudor Black Bay (on OEM bracelet) | Rado Original Automatic 648.0408.3.161 | Royal Orient WE0011JB | Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch 311.30.42.30.01.005 | Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR

G-Shock collection:
    GW-M5630E-9JR, GA-400-4A, DW-6900SG, GW-5000-1JF, GWF-1000-1DR, GW-200Z-1DR, GW-9200-1, GX-56-1B, G-5600E, G-6900-1, DW-5600MS, G-7302RL (non-functioning)

Wishlist:
    Credor ​Eichi (when pigs fly) | Credor ​Eichi II (when fishes talk) | FP Journe Chronometre Bleu (acquired) | Urban Jurgensen & Sonner Ref. 3 (acquired) | D.Dornbluth & Sohn Cal. 99.5 (acquired) | Moritz Grossmann BENU Rose Gold ​(acquired)

**Sig limit reached...**

I saw a seller once who had 100% feedback (for selling other items, not watches). He had a fake frogman for sale with the bidding up to $150 already. I very politely informed him that the watch was fake and that the buyer might not be happy about it. He told me to "mind your own damn business". Since then, I have not bothered informing sellers about their items. If they don't care to research what they are selling, then they will eventually get whatever feedback they deserve.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Reported. I think it is such a crappy way to make a buck...
    If only I had more arms... and deeper pockets!

I genuinely fear getting screwed on ebay when buying something second hand since it happened to me once on another product.
    Last edited by Fer Guzman; April 22nd, 2012 at 16:59.

Quote Originally Posted by chronic01uk View Post
    It really grips me when you come across someone that is totally berelf of scruples, I sent a message to an ebayer last night after being caught out twice myself on there over the years buying a fake I told him the watch he's trying to sell is a fake frog, get a message back to prove it so sent him here and to a hooky site where his watch is being sold for £11, came back with "oh well if it sells and someone has a problem then i'll refund them when I have to but they might not know and I know nothing about this watch anyway" I ask you what kind of attitude is that to have don't care and will only refund if forced to. What a total waste of skin doesn't deserve his 100% rating on there.

Here it is if anyone wants to hit the report button on it I have from mine and the wifes account.

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
    What did you expect him to say?

Quote Originally Posted by mayostard View Post
    What did you expect him to say?
    From someone with 100% feedback I'd expect them to have enough of a conscience to take it down after finding out it's worth so little and not genuine especially when he said to me he was given it for free.

I saw that auction a little while earlier, reported it already... We should start calling ourselves (WUS forum members) the "Anti-Fake G Taskforce" or something; after all, we who are passionate about Gs have an obligation to report these things :)
    chronic01uk likes this.

Just sent him a quick message to check it's authenticity.Wonder if he'll reply

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Quote Originally Posted by Fer Guzman View Post
    I genuinely fear getting screwed on ebay when buying something second hand since it happened to me once on another product.
    First, you have to give the seller a good examination. See what kind of items they sell and the type of feedback they get. If they don't usually sell watches, then there's a good chance they may not know much about the watch. However, if the photos are good enough, you can tell if it's real or fake. I wouldn't eliminate eBay as a means of getting some G-Shocks. You can sometimes get some excellent deals there.

If I see a seller that is of good feedback and notice they've got a fake watch up for sale, I make the assumption that they do not know what they have and approach it gently. I also link them to WatchShock or other photos so they can see what I'm talking about. I also identify myself as knowing a lot about G-Shocks and that I'm only trying to do both him and the would-be buyer a favor. MOST of the time, the response is good and the item gets pulled. SOMETIMES not. I have gotten nasty belligerent responses like what kung-fusion mentioned. I don't let that stop me. Also, if the person is non-responsive, then I flag the item as a counterfeit.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information