Some questions about the G9000-3V

Thread: Some questions about the G9000-3V

Question Some questions about the G9000-3V

Hello all,

first I have to say sorry for my bad english....
    I'm interested in the new casio mudman g9000-3v, this watch is here in germany (europe?) not available but only in asia and the us?
    I have some questions about this watch for the owners & knowers:

1. Which store in the www have the best prices for this watch incl. shipping to germany?

2. How long is the strap from the G9000? Cause I need sometimes longer straps with regular watches.

3. Can you set the time from the us or asia versions in european standards? I mean can show the us-watch the time like 17:36 and not 5:36 pm?

Thank you all alot for help/answers in advance...:thanks

Greetings!

Re: Some questions about the G9000-3V

quote=Rav3n]Hello all,
    Guten tag Monsieur, du schreibst sehr gut Englisch...

I'm interested in the new casio mudman g9000-3v, this watch is here in germany (europe?) not available but only in asia and the us?

As far as I know, it is not available in Europe (and will not be?) and is only available in the US through internet stores. This may change in time.

1. Which store in the www have the best prices for this watch incl. shipping to germany?
    I ordered a black one at http://www.seiko5ers.com/ (Boris, in Hong Kong, recommendes shop by Sjors, well known to this board) where I paid $63,00 plus shipping $23,00 and I expect to receive the watch tomorrow friday or monday. I will be curious to see if it goes through the EEC customs, as it will be handled by the Belgian post office, and they still are a "state" enterprise. Boris also mentioned mailing it to me (8-10 day transit) as a "letter", for a cost of -I believe $6 or $8). I will report back when I get my watch.

Earlier, I bought a cream colour one at http://www.superchrono.com/ in Singapore
    paid it $120,00 and received the watch about 47 hours from Federal Express after having ordered it on the website. Excellent service, full and very detailed almost hour-by-hour internet tracking, and no customs black gang to be seen anywhere (unless the send a bill afterwards).

2. How long is the strap from the G9000? Cause I need sometimes longer straps with regular watches.
    OK, measuring it from the exact point where the strap begins - that is NOT the bezel! -
    -one strap (with metal attaching clasp) exactly 7 cm, the metal attaching clasp NOT included
    -the other strap (no metal) exactly 13 cm.
    The entire watch, end to end, is 26.5 cm long (pushing it flat on the tabletop).
    Hopes this give you an idea.

3. Can you set the time from the us or asia versions in european standards? I mean can show the us-watch the time like 17:36 and not 5:36 pm?
    Absolutely, no problem for 24:00 hours "military" time.
    The date format is, however, always "American" i.e. 21 July is shown as 7- 21

Sie sind willkommen

Greetings![/quote]

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Rav3n
    Hello all,

first I have to say sorry for my bad english....

Greetings!
    Hello! I can help you with #1 - try hbwatches.com (one of this forum's sponsors) or www.4-watches.com. hbwatches.com has them at $65 ea. and 4-watches.com has them at $63 or 64 /ea. Also, I have dealt with Boris before and he is very good - so if you buy from him, expect to get a good deal and good service

On #2 - Pablo is correct - military time is available on the g-9000! Hope this helps.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just an update, my G-9000-1VDR (that's black with red buttons) arrived this morning from http://www.seiko5ers.com/

So, Boris delivered well; it's a beautiful watch and, EMS delivery from HK took some 5 days because there was a weekend in-between. It did not fall into the customs trap, so I paid total US$ 86, which is a good price for western Europe, I believe (and, if I'm opted for airmail, it could have been still cheaper, nearer to US$71 or so, except with slower delivery stated to be 8-10 days).
    You should see some of the (expensive!) prices I have seen in the shops over here, on relatively unattractive g-shocks (even though that appreciation is a personal thing...)

Thread Information