Some quick questions about the GAC100 series
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Some quick questions about the GAC100 series

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Some quick questions about the GAC100 series

Hi, I really like this series of G Shock and would love to receive some help about this watch.

1. This watch has a screw down crown. How do you know when you have screwed it down enough so that you can pull out the crown to set the time and date? Will the crown come to a "stop" when you have screwed it down enough to pull it out?

2. I have a similar question about screwing the crown back up to lock it up. When is enough? Will the crown come to a "stop" when it is locked sufficiently?

3. The manual, online, states to be careful when setting the time so that the correct am or pm is selected. How do I know when I have entered either am or pm? To do this, should I set the date one day before the correct date, and then set the time so that the date changes in the early am hours, and then either let the time remain in the am time, or continue to move the hour hand so that pm time is entered?

Thank you for answering these questions. Also, any other help and advice about this series before I order this watch would be appreciated.

Re: Some quick questions about the GAC100 series

Typically when a screw down crown is not in use for setting, it's screwed down,which is closed tight with the case. That Should be accomplished by turning it clockwise.

To loosen the screw down crown for adjusting you would turn it counterclockwise until it becomes free,then operates like any other crown would. When done adjusting you would push it back in, then thread it down clockwise, until tight against the case. You'll know when its tight enough by feel. There's good techniques to use to insure a proper mating of threads, But I wouldn't worry about that just yet if I were you.
    Jer

"I'm hip about time"

Thank you; when locking the crown back down, do I need to physically "push it down" while threading the crown, or do I simply lightly turn the crown clockwise until it stops?

Also, another question: Will the date change as I'm setting the time with the crown out to the second click? I would find this to be the easiest way to adjust for am or pm.

If this is not the way to adjust for am or pm, what is the method to do this with this watch?

I hope that someone can reply with specific answers. I have ordered the blue one and it should arrive Tuesday, the 13. I would like to be in total control of the operations of this watch and be confident and secure about how to set it properly and correctly.

So here are my specific concerns;

1.To unlock the crown, will it "free itself" or will it come to a "dead stop" to indicate it is unlocked?

2. When locking the crown, do I need to push while turning? Or do I need to simply turn the crown clockwise until it stops?

3.How do I adjust for am or pm time? Should I set the date a day early and then set the time so that the date indicator moves, thus designating am? Or is there another way?
    Last edited by dead of night; August 10th, 2013 at 17:30.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

its like when you fasten a screw, the threading pulls the crown down while you turn it. To avoid cross threading I typically will turn counterclockwise while lightly pushing down until you feel the threads line up then i turn clockwise to tighten. I'm finding it hard to explain, but if you do it you'll know what I mean Immediately by feel. When its fully loosened it won't stop turning it will just turn freely then you can pull it out a click or two depending what you need to do. Don't really have to set AM PM, you basically just make sure that you have The date changing 12, happen at midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by jer_ View Post
    its like when you fasten a screw, the threading pulls the crown down while you turn it. To avoid cross threading I typically will turn counterclockwise while lightly pushing down until you feel the threads line up then i turn clockwise to tighten. I'm finding it hard to explain, but if you do it you'll know what I mean Immediately by feel. When its fully loosened it won't stop turning it will just turn freely then you can pull it out a click or two depending what you need to do. Don't really have to set AM PM, you basically just make sure that you have The date changing 12, happen at midnight.
    Thank you for the reply. The manual states: " Be careful to adjust for am or pm time." However, it does not say how to do that. Does anyone know?

regarding am/pm, We know that the date changes at 12 am, so make sure you set it accordingly. the 12 am will be the twelve that moves the date wheel. Nobody wants the date to change at noon .I'm sorry I'm having such a hard time describing such a simple thing lol

Quote Originally Posted by jer_ View Post
    regarding am/pm, We know that the date changes at 12 am, so make sure you set it accordingly. the 12 am will be the twelve that moves the date wheel. Nobody wants the date to change at noon .I'm sorry I'm having such a hard time describing such a simple thing lol
    So what I'm thinking is I will set the date first, to the date one day prior. Then I will set the time. The first "12" will not advance the date; the second "12" will advance the date to the correct date and am setting. Is this a viable procedure?

Bingo! once you've advanced through a 12 that changes the date, you'll be in am.

Looks like your questions have been answered. Enjoy your watch when it arrives -- I love the blue version of this. When I saw JonL's photo of his, I was hooked.

I love, as well, the relative "back to basics" simplicity of this model.

I just got to this thread as well (wearing the grey one today). And yes, you have to use the day function to figure out if you have am/pm correct.

Need to post a wrist shot when you get it!

sent with aloha
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information