Some scans of my 3 keepers from the original 4

Thread: Some scans of my 3 keepers from the original 4

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Some scans of my 3 keepers from the original 4

I probably would've taken the advice to keep all 4 but at the end of the day the shiny plastic case and band of the Crazy Colors model wasn't my cup of tea. Still, here are some scans of them...the Riseman is on my wrist as I type and it's indicating good weather...I'll be hitting the pool in a few hours!

Glorious Gold...I've never liked the translucent G-shocks but this one is really growing on me...

And the "Blow" 5600...doesn't sound like a very good G but I do like the design.

Re: Some scans of my 3 keepers from the original 4

that gg is nice. today I ordered a gg bezel and band for my db frog. i wanted to change it up once in a while. hope the band is softer than my Icerc gulfman. not cheap either 20 for bezel and 26 for band.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Prepare to wait, took nearly a month to get my GG Frogman band/bezel.
    -Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Question Re: What? What? What?

tsaojam,

What? Well, I am officially disappointed. In fact, I may be irreversibly traumatized.

To my knowledge, I believe that you are the very first G-Shocker from the forum to purchase the DW-6900CS-1JF. And it looks awesome! But you plan to return it to the store or sell it?

You do realize that watch was secretly developed by a multinational intelligence agency to be the very first zombie-resistant G-Shock? How did you even get one before the guys at the site below began hoarding those watches:

http://www.zombiesurvivalwiki.com/

And with all the current talk about Bigfoot, you can never be too prepared:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080816/...Ub4RSmVxas0NUE

Think about how cool that watch would look with a brand new pair of Reef "Mick Fanning" to go with the watch. Check out the Reefers in the attached photo, dude. Black with lime green accents...and a bottle-opener embedded in the sole!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: What? What? What?

Quote Originally Posted by dirkdiggler View Post
    tsaojam,

What? Well, I am officially disappointed. In fact, I may be irreversibly traumatized.

To my knowledge, I believe that you are the very first G-Shocker from the forum to purchase the DW-6900CS-1JF. And it looks awesome! But you plan to return it to the store or sell it?

and here u go

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=176042
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

i had a hunch the crazy color 6900s would have glossy finish. thanks for providing pictures, i think you are the first here to buy this one

Glossy colours make G-Shocks look like "cheap toys from taiwan" IMO..

Does anyone know if gloss works as a "protective layer" for scratches and wore resin parts?

haha...sorry to disappoint, but no, I'm not selling it or returning it! I actually I quite like the watch, but I don't like the feel of the shiny plastic strap. I originally purchased it to give away as a gift anyway, the GG as well, but decided to keep the GG. I saw the powder blue Crazy Color as well, not so much my style but the black/orange 5600 looks interesting.

Nice flip flops though...might trade one of my g-shocks for those...that bottle opener will definitely come in handy, and that's one function I don't think any of my G-shocks can do yet!
    Last edited by tsaojam; August 16th, 2008 at 18:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkywatch View Post
    Glossy colours make G-Shocks look like "cheap toys from taiwan" IMO..

Does anyone know if gloss works as a "protective layer" for scratches and wore resin parts?
    You deserve a spanking for that!

I think it looks awesome!

I don't see how it cheapens the look. Dose shiny clear coat on a car makes it look cheaper?

The clear coat protects against dust and makes it easier to clean!

Ofcourse it is a risk for it to peel off if you put it to very hard use(but it apparently do have some thoughness and don't peel off to easily atleast). But this one like many other colored G-Shocks are show off's meaning mostly to use and drewl about during the spring/summer rather then a daily beater.

Mr Chornobyl is a sexy but deadly just like this one :

The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Quote Originally Posted by dirkdiggler View Post
    tsaojam,

What? Well, I am officially disappointed. In fact, I may be irreversibly traumatized ... You do realize that watch was secretly developed by a multinational intelligence agency to be the very first zombie-resistant G-Shock?
    I do agree with Dirk. Zombies are a clear and present danger. You have to be prepared:

Personally, I'll wear a more stealthed G-Shock for that occasion, but that DW6900 is uber cool:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information