Something on the display...

Thread: Something on the display...

Something on the display...

I just noticed black marks on the face of my G-7700. It seems to have appeared in the last day or two. I've tried cleaning the face, but it seems to be an issue with the LCD. In the photo I'm including, the biggest mark is to the right of "6:30" and there is a small one above the first "1" in "11:01".

I haven't banged it ever and the only thing I can think of is that it recently got a little cold (around 32F). Has this happened to anyone else? I don't think it's a signal for a function, but if it is I couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance for any help...
    Attached Images Attached Images

lvt

Re: Something on the display...

Do you have a magnifying glass ?

If you can clearly see that the marks are inside the LCD then the LCD has defects, or maybe something stuck between the LCD and the cover. The cold usually doesn't kill a LCD, if you search a little in the forum you will see that a coupe of G-shock have been frozen in a fridge without problem.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

i am thinking the chemical ink got rattled by the temperature

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I bought this watch about 3 months ago. I don't have the receipt but maybe the warranty card it came with. Is this under any kind of warranty if it is under the face?

lvt

Quote Originally Posted by chuchichan View Post
    I bought this watch about 3 months ago. I don't have the receipt but maybe the warranty card it came with. Is this under any kind of warranty if it is under the face?

Any new watch should have at least 1 year warranty, still not sure how your local AD would deal with it.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Quote Originally Posted by lvt View Post
    Any new watch should have at least 1 year warranty, still not sure how your local AD would deal with it.
    If I don't have the warranty card or a receipt it would be hard to prove, right? Basically it would be up to the store where I purchased it? Perhaps a credit card statement with the amount would count for something?

Thread Information