Something fun and honest.....check it.

Thread: Something fun and honest.....check it.

Something fun and honest.....check it.

I have a DW-56RT ref watch. I don't use it much. I basically got it because I just really liked the simple face and easily read numbers. I want to start a thread call, "The stories of the traveling 56RT".

Quick run down how I see this working.
    I write a note, anything I want to. Doesn't have to mean anything. Pack it up abd then ship it to a WUS member. That member will use it for no more then a week, wrote a note, write on the box, whatever and then ship it toanother WUS member. I want this to continue for about a year and then have it end back to its original owner (me), so I can document and enjoy the history it has a part of. I would love to use people abroad also. I'd want this watch to be all over and easily located by good notes and frequent posts on where it is. Pictures help too!

If you feel you would want to participate in anything like this please let me know. It is not for giving a watch away, but for a watch to collect some of you and send it along again. The hardest thing for me here would be whom to trust, but I probably can manage on the first shipmet. So basically the watch would have gone through 52 people throughout the year...maybe a smal scratch here, maybe a scratch there. Week 52 it should be labeled back to me from once where it came. Then I can read the stories, notes and all that what everyone wrote. It all can by anonymous of course.

So, let me know if you want to be the first person to get this watch and like I said...I think we all should work together on making sure we deliver to people we believe are honest or you have dealt with before. OK, sounds like fund. Let me know. I'm ready to box up!! :)

Michael

Re: Something fun and honest.....check it.

I don't have to be the first, but I'll do it! Sounds like fun! I think a small wire-bound book would be a good idea (about 4x5 or so, sold in school supply area). Then all the notes would be in one place. If it runs out of room, someone could buy a second one.

Sounds like a great idea. For practical reasons eg keeping cost down and minimising risk of loss, you will have to limit the exercise geographically which in turn will limit the flavour and scope of the travelogue.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It sounds like a really cool idea! I would like to participate. I think it would be fun if you threw some photos or something on the web when it's all over with!

This is similar to a project some grade school children do. Sometimes it is called "Flat Stanley". They take a paper cut out of a man and send it to a relative in a different city, who takes photos of it around their town, and then sends the whole thing back... Only we'd be writing notes / taking photos / whatever with a G-Shock!

Wonderful idea ! I would love to participate it - I can guarantee the watch will appear in an Irish courtroom if it makes its way to me.

I will also provide accountable proof of identity by pm to the person who is shipping to me, the OP, and the person I ship to.

Sounds like something already being done here, but I'm in - lots of local photos posted on the forum would indeed keep everyone involved.

I think we had done this previously with a DW-9052? That was very interesting ! Can't wait to see how this one turns out

very cool! i have been thinking about this with some of the used g's that i bought from fellow WUS members... would be kinda cool to know the history and stories that came with the watches...

i'd be interested!

Ok, I'll get it together and take a picture with it and package it up. No rules really, just let it travel and see a bunch of places. If you happen to know someone reliable that you could send it to that would be great. Someone that lives in the US and wants to particiapte, please send me your mailing address. I appreciate, and be patient I'll send it on out! Thanks!

Im game. Ive got kids and I work in a software house-could be fun.

We did something similar for my wife's grandparents with a Boyd's bear and a notebook for their 50th anniversary. It went all over the country amongst us and came back with pictures, a journal, a website, etc.....

Cedric Satterfield
    5430 Prescott Ave
    Lincoln, NE 68466
    USA
    Last edited by Alathea; April 25th, 2009 at 06:49.
    "...All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.....
    ----------------------------------

Thread Information