Sooooo I have a problem...(longish, useless rant/introduction)

Thread: Sooooo I have a problem...(longish, useless rant/introduction)

Sooooo I have a problem...(longish, useless rant/introduction)

So a little background...I became a watch guy toward the end of 05 into 06 and have since been into all sorts of automatic divers. Did a lot of the flipping game just to check out different models and have kind of cooled off after really liking the style of my tag aquaracer chrono in black. It had the perfect substantial size while also showing a little class in addition to its obvious sporty nature...

...then this year I started working in the hospital and I realized not only was it risky to have to take off my watch and leave it somewhere while I was scrubbed in, but the likelihood of it getting banged around increased 100-fold. In addition, writing in charts and the like required me always knowing military time + the date.

It got me thinking about different random watches I had seen over my years of perusing this wonderful forum and for some reason the images of the ocean gray limited editions as well as the frogman popped into my head. I started bumming around on the FS forum and just quickly pulled the trigger on a ocean gray DW5025 as a daily wearer that would be different but still deliver some panache. Then I saw some of the neat limited edition frogmen like the dawn black, master blue, and the glorious gold and decided to pull the trigger on a GG + dawn black bezel and strap thinking it'd be a nice alternate work watch that would give me some wrist presence while also delivering all the info I needed.

FFWD a week from that time and I've received the DW5025 but not the froggy and I have to say I love it. The GF thinks it looks like a toy watch from a cereal box but I have to say I dont care. Its unique and handy to have around when I've eaten something like spinach at work (gotta love that mirror display ).

In anticipation, as us watch fanatics tend to do, I've been checking out pics that others have of the watch I'm about to receive as well as others and I came across the riseman in black with the red eye. Decided that barometer might be nice since down here in New Orleans you never know whats going to happen outside. Pulled the trigger on that one.

Now I'm sitting here burning a little free time on WUS and I see the DW6925E-7CR (GG as well) and I'm thinking I like it as well...by the end of next week I could end up the owner of 4 different g-shocks within 2 weeks. The disease is back! AGGGH!! At least this habit is cheaper than hunting after automatic chronos like I used to.

Sorry for the lack of pics but once I have the 3 I've ordered already I'll do a side-by-side when I can.
    Tag Heuer Aquaracer Day/Date Chronograph
    Oris TT1 Diver Small Seconds
    Ocean Gray DW-5025D-8JF
    Glorious Gold GW-225E-7
    Black Dawn GW-225A-1

Re: Sooooo I have a problem...(longish, useless rant/introduction)

Keep repeating 'It's perfectly normal to own a huge number of watches' perfectly normal, perfectly normal, perfectly normal, perfectly normal, perfectly normal.................. Oh and it is best to ignore that six foot white rabbit sitting in the corner!

Mitch

awesome starting choices. might you have a soft spot for translucent bands? in case you didn't know, there is also a great gwm5600 in glorious gold, plus a lovely gulfman mudman in ocean gray.

your girlfriend might come around. if not, at least it isn't an expensive addiction (actually it can be, but you don't have to tell her that).
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by a-Tom-ic View Post
    awesome starting choices. might you have a soft spot for translucent bands? in case you didn't know, there is also a great gwm5600 in glorious gold, plus a lovely gulfman mudman in ocean gray.

your girlfriend might come around. if not, at least it isn't an expensive addiction (actually it can be, but you don't have to tell her that).
    Enable much? So far I kind of like the translucent ones because they're lighter in color without being opaque white and I enjoy the stark contrast against my brown skin. Buuut if I do get the 6925E in GG series I think it'll be my last of the jellies. I'll have to look into the others though
    Ocean Gray DW-5025D-8JF
    Glorious Gold GW-225E-7
    Black Dawn GW-225A-1

Quote Originally Posted by rnp614 View Post
    ...by the end of next week I could end up the owner of 4 different g-shocks within 2 weeks. The disease is back! AGGGH!! At least this habit is cheaper than hunting after automatic chronos like I used to.
    There is no such thing as I see you have learned but not realized yet!!! You do end up with many more wonderful watches but you will still spend the same if not more amount of cash$$$$$$$!

Great acquisitions by the way!!!!

Hopefully not! But it definitely started because once my watch/car habits tapered I had a little money burning a hole in my pocket!

EDIT: So my question to you knowledgeable G-Shock regulars is this: How differently do the DW6900s wear from the current frogmans? Bigger? Smaller? Thicker? Thinner? I looked at the size comparison pics in the images subforum but theres only 2 pics and I find it hard to ascertain the overall look since I cant shop these things in person.
    Last edited by rnp614; August 23rd, 2009 at 23:37.
    Ocean Gray DW-5025D-8JF
    Glorious Gold GW-225E-7
    Black Dawn GW-225A-1

Hi

I have worn my Frogman all week for the first time in ages and do not notice the size. I have small wrists too.

I have not got a 6900 yet but I believe the size is very similar.

For some reason it is the most comfortable watch I own, it is down to the strap design I think.

Regards

Matt

I have tiny wrists too so hopefully the frog works for me. I just love the design and huge crystal so I'd be sad if it didnt work out.
    Ocean Gray DW-5025D-8JF
    Glorious Gold GW-225E-7
    Black Dawn GW-225A-1

Finally got the Riseman and Froggy! Love them both! Very happy with my purchases and cant wait for the dawn black skin to arrive.
    Ocean Gray DW-5025D-8JF
    Glorious Gold GW-225E-7
    Black Dawn GW-225A-1

Grats mate! Great Gs. Can't go wrong with those ones. Let's see some pics!

Thread Information