Sorry, a 3in1: Masters of G, G-Shock chevron and alarm tech question

Thread: Sorry, a 3in1: Masters of G, G-Shock chevron and alarm tech question

Sorry, a 3in1: Masters of G, G-Shock chevron and alarm tech question

Maybe one or two you know or can help:

1)
    Where did the term "Masters of G" originate? It's not a term you see bandied about too much except here.

2)
    Why isn't that nice old-fashioned "G-chevron" (if a chevron it is, not too hot on shapes since my childhood) on more G's? Know the one I mean?

3)
    If one were to have been so dumb (and not have read Sjors' clear instruction) to lose the "alarm spring" whilst changing a battery, is there a "quick and dirty" fix you could recommend to such a schmock? I can imagine that this person may already have tried bits of wire, old staples and the like.

?

Kevin

Wink Re: Sorry, a 3in1: Masters of G, G-Shock chevron and alarm tech question

1) The Masters of G series were a series released somewhere between 1997 and 2000. The basic versions were wordwide available, except for the Antman.

Mebers of this family:

Raysman, Gaussman, Mudman, Riseman, Gulfman, Fisherman, DW-8200 Frogman, Codename, Lungman, Wademan and Antman. (excuse me if I forget one).

The DW-8200 Frogman was the suceeder of the DW-6300. Officially the DW-6300 was just a nameless model for divers, but everybody (including me) is calling it a Frogman too, since it has the basic shape already. The Frogman line is the only Master of G model that still is produced (although two generations further).

2) No idea, but I would also like more EL designs, or at leat a "G". Not for reversed displays though...

3) Yes, I have tried that. Just a piece of very thin constantane thread and I made a proper working spring out of that. Every once in a while you have to strech it a little, since it hasn't very good spring qualities...

Cheers,

Sj:-Drs

Last edited by Sjors; February 28th, 2006 at 13:44.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: Sorry, a 3in1: Masters of G, G-Shock chevron and alarm tech question

Thanks Sjors, but what I MEANT to ask is what is the origin of the term "Masters of G"...

Just don't hear that phrase much outside of here. Did Casio call them that officially?

Kevin

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I got the name of the old Official US G-Shock website. So it was the original name Casio gave this series, at least in the U.S. I believe the correct name is Master of G series, but I can't check that anymore.

Cheers,

Sj:-Drs
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by bughammer
    3)
    If one were to have been so dumb (and not have read Sjors' clear instruction) to lose the "alarm spring" whilst changing a battery, is there a "quick and dirty" fix you could recommend to such a schmock? I can imagine that this person may already have tried bits of wire, old staples and the like.
    break an old springbar and try using the spring inside it... the thinner the springbar the better

Superb suggestion Macs!

Cheers,

Sjors

If that works you're indeed a genius madmacs. I'll tell my friend and let you know how it worked out

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    break an old springbar and try using the spring inside it... the thinner the springbar the better
    some works and some don't

i've tried one that doesn't work (spring too big and can't fit the slot)

but it definitely worth a try (especially if you already have some old springbars laying around)

Thread Information