Sources for Highmount compass?

Thread: Sources for Highmount compass?

Sources for Highmount compass?

I have read the postings that show a Highmount compass (the red one) & have tried searching the net for a source, but no luck. Does anyone know where I can pick one of these up? All I have been able to find so far are the Suunto clipper Micro & a few other cheapies that don't look like they would last 20 minutes. I have a GW9200 inbound & would like to add the Highmount if I can find one. Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially anyone who has experience with a clip-on compass.

Re: Sources for Highmount compass?

They are only available in Japan as far as I know. Here is a seller selling them on Rakuten:

Rakuten - Highmount Metarikkukonpasu
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

i got mine for $3 us but its not aluminum, they're easy to find at camping or surplus sites/stores
    "Far out, in the uncharted backwaters at the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of a galaxy, lies a small unregarded yellow sun. orbiting this at a distance of roughly 92 million miles
    is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."
    The Hitchhikers Guide

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Silva strap compass, model 40NL, is a nice alternative, black case with red N needle pointer. I got mine on eBay but I see some other online sellers. It isn't as nice as the Highmount but works well with my Riseman and is an accurate compass. I've purchased more than a few cheapies on eBay and they just don't hold up or stay accurate. The Clipper is the only other decent watchband compass that I know of.
    Last edited by zippofan; August 31st, 2010 at 05:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowback View Post
    I have a GW9200 inbound & would like to add the Highmount if I can find one.
    My highmount does not fit on my riseman. The straps are too wide.

Thread Information