Spare housing for DW-9350 Raysman
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By anxiety

Thread: Spare housing for DW-9350 Raysman

Hi WUSlian's,

Since the purchase of my new RAF 1000 & GA 201, I decided to do a little dig around the web only to find myself on this website every time. So now I've registered and gone to the trouble of editing my avatar and signature picture, I hope to become a long term visitor to this site. Besides I needs an outlet to my craziness for watches, I'm losing friends as I buy new timepieces!!!

I've had the DW-9350 for many years, since modifying the internal bezel with gold pen (I was young, don't judge) I realized that stripped the plastic housing and it can no longer hold the screws very tightly. I was wondering if anyone can help me find a new housing and strap for this model? I've kept my eye on ebay and the closest option is to buy a complete watch to overhaul this one :/...

Thanks in advance,

Derek.

Re: Spare housing for DW-9350 Raysman

Quote Originally Posted by Drlau9 View Post
    Hi WUSlian's,

Since the purchase of my new RAF 1000 & GA 201, I decided to do a little dig around the web only to find myself on this website every time. So now I've registered and gone to the trouble of editing my avatar and signature picture, I hope to become a long term visitor to this site. Besides I needs an outlet to my craziness for watches, I'm losing friends as I buy new timepieces!!!

I've had the DW-9350 for many years, since modifying the internal bezel with gold pen (I was young, don't judge) I realized that stripped the plastic housing and it can no longer hold the screws very tightly. I was wondering if anyone can help me find a new housing and strap for this model? I've kept my eye on ebay and the closest option is to buy a complete watch to overhaul this one :/...

Thanks in advance,

Derek.
    A case center for the Raysman is nearly impossible to find these days. Your best chance is to look for another DW-9350.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Thank you very much Joakim Agren

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi mate, welcome to the madness. Have you tried repairing, I remember reading somewhere that stripped threads can be repaired by filling the hole with a mixture of either superglue or araldite with fine sawdust and then inserting the screw.
    Drlau9 likes this.
    Casio GA110BR-5
    Casio DW-003-8 Modified
    Casio GWX8900B-7
    Storm Lucre
    Lotus Code 15502/7
    Rolex Daytona (Replica)

Quote Originally Posted by anxiety View Post
    Hi mate, welcome to the madness. Have you tried repairing, I remember reading somewhere that stripped threads can be repaired by filling the hole with a mixture of either superglue or araldite with fine sawdust and then inserting the screw.
    Thanks anxiety,

I have thought about doing that but I'm not sure how successful it would be on keeping the screws tight. I think I'm going to call Casio uk and mail it in. The watch has sentimental values.

D

With a discontinued watch you "risk" getting a replacement from Casio. While this might be ok for the "usual" watch buyer who just wants a wortking timepiece (and eventually might be happy to get a current model) it is not the desired outcome for someone who collects watches or whose watch has a certain sentimental value.
    I´d try a repair myself and keep the watch as a collectors piece, i guess.

Thread Information