Is this special in anyway?

Thread: Is this special in anyway?

Is this special in anyway?

CASIO G-SHOCK GWF-1000BS-1JF FROGMAN 2011 LIMITED EDITION BRAND NEW! NO RESERVE! | eBay

I can get one for 550GBP in a local store...little bit of damage to the plastic disc that sits on the back of the watch...the one you take off, but put back on to sell.

Is this a good one to get? Is it really going to hold more value than the basic version which is black (which is 50GBP cheaper)?

Re: Is this special in anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurence Noton View Post
    CASIO G-SHOCK GWF-1000BS-1JF FROGMAN 2011 LIMITED EDITION BRAND NEW! NO RESERVE! | eBay

I can get one for 550GBP in a local store...little bit of damage to the plastic disc that sits on the back of the watch...the one you take off, but put back on to sell.

Is this a good one to get? Is it really going to hold more value than the basic version which is black (which is 50GBP cheaper)?
    Almost any color series than the standard black will hold it's value and in most cases increase the longer the edition is out of production. The 1000BS is a stunning piece and was released along side it's titanium twin limited edition with synthetic rubies GWF-T1000BS Basel Special.

Name:  Photo-May-26,-4-33-55-PM.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  148.0 KB

Here's my group shot of the colors released excluding the ultra limited edition GWF-T1000BS Basel Special, Murakami, and MasterMind

Name:  2012-09-17 12.26.54.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  512.3 KB
    Last edited by Feisar; September 19th, 2012 at 21:43.
    G-Shocks
    Origins, Master of Gs, Sky Cockpits, G-Lides, Standards, Specials

G-Shock Collaborations
    Maison Martin Margiela, CLOT, [email protected], ICERC, LRG, Subcrew, Turbokolor, Brooklyn Circus, Eric Haze, Marc Aurele, Lo.wer, Stussy, Bape, Hundreds, Dee & Ricky, Krink, Nigel Sylvester, ALife, Parra, In4Mation, Illest, Wu-Tang, One Piece, Akira, Ultraman

Interesting...
    When did this red version come out and do we know how many they produced?

Guess I'm interested in knowing if it would seem a "lucky" buy. It certainly aint cheap...but I might have something that will gain money.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Interesting...
    When did this red version come out and do we know how many they produced?

Guess I'm interested in knowing if it would seem a "lucky" buy. It certainly aint cheap...but I might have something that will gain money.
    The GWF-1000BS-1JF model showed up on the blog spots around May 2011 and not if any one knows how many were produced except Casio. The GWF-T1000BS-1, limited to 200, was announced during Baselword on March 24, 2011.

It definitely isn't inexpensive at it's retail price. I recall picking 2 of mine up from Watchshop UK around December 2011 for a discounted price of £387.49 GBP (Under $600USD) from it's original retail of £550.
    Last edited by Feisar; September 19th, 2012 at 23:26. Reason: Grammar
    G-Shocks
    Origins, Master of Gs, Sky Cockpits, G-Lides, Standards, Specials

G-Shock Collaborations
    Maison Martin Margiela, CLOT, [email protected], ICERC, LRG, Subcrew, Turbokolor, Brooklyn Circus, Eric Haze, Marc Aurele, Lo.wer, Stussy, Bape, Hundreds, Dee & Ricky, Krink, Nigel Sylvester, ALife, Parra, In4Mation, Illest, Wu-Tang, One Piece, Akira, Ultraman

I think you should be cautious about this seller.

Look at this thread.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/add...ay-750337.html

This seller seems to have bought an Addict Frogman from a member then resold it and was not truthful as to its origin or condition.

He made a very good price on it mind you. That is it with G shocks if a particular model 'hits the spot' amongst collectors and is limited in numbers then you can certainly make money on them.

Mitch

Thread Information