Splendid new Giez

Thread: Splendid new Giez

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Splendid new Giez

Just in time for my birthday, my new Giez GS-1300 arrived from Japan. First impressions, like Casio marketing claims, it is a sleek and sophisticated G. It has been redesigned with new clean lines but with very intricate details. The pushers are nicely elongated like the GS-1200, and press like butter. The face details are also quite nice, the mesh in the "3-D" display is much more subtle than depicted in the online photos I've seen so far. I have to say it is very cool though. The module appears to be similar in features to the GW-2000, and when pressing the Mode button, as you progress through the various modes if the hands on the sub-dials start moving to set for the new mode, you can still progress onto the next mode - no waiting for the hands to finish moving beforehand... the chrono for example, the 3 o'clock sub-dial will reset to be ready to display minutes and hours, but you can start the chrono before the hands finish resetting, and once they do reset they catch up with the chrono.

This is the Giez I have been waiting for, looks great, great functions and ease of use, and of course - Tough Mov't! Haven't had time for any great photos, but here are a few quick pics:

Re: Splendid new Giez

Beautiful, congratulations and happy birthday . It has a Porsche sport car style (my impression :) )
    G9100BP - GLX5600 (*4) - G5600 (*3) - GLS5600 - GWM5600 - G7710 - G2500 (*2) - SGW100

This is seriously nice I have to say. How's the lume? Did they improve anything in that department? I ask because there seem to be quite a chunk of lume material on hands.

I don't think I would mind wearing this to the office at all... pitty it doesn't come on braclet...
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys - wearing it at the office at the moment! The reason I got the standard version is I love the sporty nature of the red highlights. In person, they look great - and I love how the red bit at the end of the second hand reflects light. In fact, this watch has a bit shinier finish than my old GS-1000D, including the caseback... looks great. What I am really liking is the face, not easily shown in photos, are the silver highlights. The 3 sub-dials have a nice silver ring around them, as well as the arch from 10 - 2. The fit and finish and the way it reflects light is very impressive.

As far as lume, I personally never thought the GS-1000D I had was that bad, plenty adequate... this one I checked briefly, after being in a box for several days being shipped and no time for charging, the hands and the markers glowed sufficiently. I'll try to take a lume shot later if I have time. ....

That is sharp I hope they release an all black version of it......would be nice to get the bracelet version if they put one out. Congratulations and happy birthday.
    Apple Watch Space Black Series 4 w/ LTE
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600C Speed
    Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000GD-1JF
    Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR Frogman

Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1 Rescue
    Citizen ATO810-55X
    Omega SeaMaster Pro Ceramic 212.30.41.20.01.003
    Omega Seamaster Pro Bond Quartz 2221.80
    Omega Speedmaster Co Axial Moon Watch 311.33.44.51.01.002

Seiko SKA625
    Seiko Velatura SNAA93
    Seiko V701

Check out my video reviews at:
    www.youtube.com/dougfnj
    Twitter: @DougFNJ

Thanks Doug - there is an all black version that has been released in the US, but I prefer the standard version. However, no mention from Casio if the standard version will be released in the US, or if a bracelet version is planned. I had the GS-1000D on black IP bracelet and it was very nice. After a very short time though the black finish did start wearing off. I might have waited for a bracelet version, but I have grown to like the soft rubber of the Giez strap - almost like it was meant to be.

Black version pic borrowed from Watch Tanaka

Really, really nice. Added to my wish list. Congrats and happy birthday!

Best wishes,

Modest.

Brands:

Casio / Citizen / Mido / Orient / Tissot / Suunto / Seiko / Hamilton / Titan / Bucherer

That is very nice!!!

Very nice! Congrats!
    Cheers,
    Micha

congrats...I really want one now. Definitely on my list now. I really hope Casio releases the standard one in the US. I like the contrast of the stainless steel against the black rubber strap.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information