Squdman (Square Mudman) GXW-56-1BJF on order....

Thread: Squdman (Square Mudman) GXW-56-1BJF on order....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Squdman (Square Mudman) GXW-56-1BJF on order....

Yes I did it and bit the bullet because I needed one soooo bad..... I probably paid slightly over the odds ($250K) but it's worth in my book as I've wanted it, no needed it since I saw the release in June.

An eBay seller in Tokyo has a few in stock so I checked them out and the deed was done.

I will keep you posted with progress and post pics as soon as I have it in my sweaty mitts.

Re: Squdman (Square Mudman) GXW-56-1BJF on order....

Quote Originally Posted by BeatNick View Post
    Yes I did it and bit the bullet because I needed one soooo bad..... I probably paid slightly over the odds ($250K) but it's worth in my book as I've wanted it, no needed it since I saw the release in June.

An eBay seller in Tokyo has a few in stock so I checked them out and the deed was done.

I will keep you posted with progress and post pics as soon as I have it in my sweaty mitts.
    Excellent choice of watch... please post pictures once you receive it

$250,000?? I'd say that was well over the odds

Can't wait to see pictures.
    Breitling: Ti Chrono Avenger. Blue Dial. Ti Bracelet and Brown Leather Croc Strap w/Deployant
    Casio: GA-100A-1A1ER | GA-100A-7ADR Franken-Watch "StormTrooper" | GW-M5600-1ER | TS-100 | DW-5600C-9CV | DW-5600C-1V | GW-6900BC-1ER | DW-5200C-9 | GXW-56-4JF| G-001-2DR | GF-1000BP-1DR
    Diesel: DZ9039 Skeleton Automatic
    Sicura:
    1970's Mechanical Digital

Storm:
    V2 Vice Stainless Limited Edition

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MarcsOnFire View Post
    $250,000?? I'd say that was well over the odds

Can't wait to see pictures.
    :oops:....well when they said black and gold clearly it was 18K. I still had to have one!!

$250 is more like it.....

LOL

Haven't seen much about this model so forgive my ignorance.
    Your post says square muddie.
    Is it essentially the same (mudman) module in a new case?
    If so I'm gonna have a pass, although it looks as much like a tank as the 7900 series.
    Best regards,
    C.
    A Møøse once bit my sister...
    Artego Caribbean, 300M
    Casio (too many G's)
    Dagaz(Zero I),
    Gruppo Gamma MK III Vanguard
    Omega(2254.50 SMP)
    Seiko(1G custom Monster, custom 6309)
    Follow my G-Shock on its' world tour​.... https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/g-...-a-705360.html
    Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

Quote Originally Posted by onrypt View Post
    Haven't seen much about this model so forgive my ignorance.
    Your post says square muddie.
    Is it essentially the same (mudman) module in a new case?
    If so I'm gonna have a pass, although it looks as much like a tank as the 7900 series.
    Best regards,
    C.
    Hey C, sorry for the delay. It is a brand new module (3220) for a 5600 style Mudman. Main differences are that it doesn't have the 1000 hour stopwatches like the G-9000 or a Rally Timer like GW-9010 as it has 5600 like display format. And I don't think it has the full display EL system like the 9000 (the solar Mudmans don't either because of the solar panel I guess).
    But what it does have is a new shock absorbing system in the watch, is bigger than the current 5600 types, looks a bit Lego like on the bezel and I hope to have one in a few days time!

As promised I will post pics when I receive it.

Nice choice. I like this model alot. Gold and black look fantastic together. Hope to see the pics soon
    Mechagodzilla find me a G-Shock in Tokyo!!

Not seeen that model before, looks good
    Real men don't need instructions.

An eBay seller in Tokyo has a few in stock so I checked them out and the deed was done. I will keep you posted with progress and post pics as soon as I have it in my sweaty mitts.
    Here it is...complete with pics (some not great so I apologise) but overall I hope they do it justice....

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  39.5 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  188.2 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  201.3 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  27.8 KB

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 1698
Size:  57.7 KB

It's a very impressive watch straight of the box. It's big but not too heavy. I don't own a Frogman but have a few G-9000s, a GW-9010, a GW-9200 and the GXW is comfortably bigger than all of them. It dwarfs the xx-5600s as you will see later on. I also have a wrist shot which I will attach aswell.

It's comfortable, I haven't worn it in 'anger' yet and I don't have massive wrists but I think it will work. There aren't any sharp edges and it doesn't dig in. The strap is very comfortable and the finish and detail is very good. I'm not sure if Casio do this on any other models but this has the heaviest duty tang buckle I've seen on one. It's a screw on affair a la Panerai....I like it. Adds an even more heavy duty tone to the watch.

The buttons are easier to press than the other Mudmans I have so maybe Casio took heed, I don't know but mine won't need boiling or such like.

The display is excellent. Personally I like the Shock Absorber on display and being much bigger than the 5600s it's not cluttered and the definition is good. It's true that the time is not displayed in Stopwatch mode but that wasn't a show stopper for me. Everything else in terms of features is 'standard' but I do like the ability to have your world time zone displayed in normal timekeeping mode. It removes the date but again not a showstopper for me.

You can see the back cover has a slight edging to it which isn't as pronounced as the other Mudmans (the six 'bumps') but you are dealing with a much larger watch so again it works, for me.

In case you hadn't realised I like this alot. When I first saw it I knew I needed one. One thing I hadn't figured on was its sheer size and also the attention to detail. I really think Casio have done very well in that respect there are just little touches that work from the buckle to the buttons to the display. So a big from me and I'll be posting more pics.
    Last edited by BeatNick; July 29th, 2010 at 14:57. Reason: Pictures didn't load...

Cant see the picz
    Invalid Attachment specified
    :oops:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information