Stainless Steel Bracelet for Casio GW-3500B
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OCDood

Thread: Stainless Steel Bracelet for Casio GW-3500B

Stainless Steel Bracelet for Casio GW-3500B

I bought a Casio GW-3500B from a forum member and received it in the mail today. I like the watch, but hate the resin band. I heard there's a stainless steel bracelet available for this model, and was wondering where I can get one. Is the installation difficult?

Re: Stainless Steel Bracelet for Casio GW-3500B

Quote Originally Posted by richyirich View Post
    I bought a Casio GW-3500B from a forum member and received it in the mail today. I like the watch, but hate the resin band. I heard there's a stainless steel bracelet available for this model, and was wondering where I can get one. Is the installation difficult?
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/cor...0b-973608.html

As for "where to get it" it always helps to know where you live. If you're in the UK, try http://www.tiktox.com, if you're in the US http://www.pacparts.com is always a good bet. (You can order from wherever you want to, but every time I've checked, it's cheaper to get parts on your own side of the Atlantic ocean and not have to pay extra for shipping! )

Re: Stainless Steel Bracelet for Casio GW-3500B

Mine came today and I had it installed in about 30 minutes. The hardest part was trying to hold the watch steady while you use a small flat blade screwdriver in each hand to unscrew the screw that fits into the tube that holds the strap on.

You get everything you need to put it on, but the screwdrivers, and it's pretty obvious how it's installed. Once you get the strap off there is a piece on the module that the spacer they supply fits over, and I did take pix of that part:

Once you install the spacer there are a couple hollow bushings that fit inside the bracelet before you insert the tube through it and the spacer. The bracelet kit has a new tube and screws to fit the wider bracelet and then it's back to using both screwdrivers to tighten them up.

I had to take a link out of each side but that's easily done if you have a springbar tool, and can be done with a little screwdriver if you have to get resourceful. It has micro-adjustments on the clasp so you can get a perfect fit.

It's nice and heavy and makes the watch look much better IMHO. I had seen other people say they thought it looked too thin, but it looks OK to me, and is basically the same size of the bracelet that comes on the MTG-900 and the replacement bracelet I got for my G-511.
    Last edited by OCDood; February 1st, 2014 at 06:13.
    STEELINOX likes this.

Thread Information