Stains on white G-Shock. HELP PLEASE?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By danlayman

Thread: Stains on white G-Shock. HELP PLEASE?

Stains on white G-Shock. HELP PLEASE?

I have tried a lot of chemicals to get rid of these stains, but it wont go away. I used soap, detergent, and nail polish remover, but nothing happened. There is some brown stains on this watch, as well as some pen marks. How do i get rid of it?

Re: Stains on white G-Shock. HELP PLEASE?

Looks like a rubber eraser.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

How can i remove it?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Are you sure its actually "stained"? It kind of looks like the white finish is wearing away and showing the color of the resin underneath, which is kind of a brownish or grayish color. I have a gw-m850 that is showing similar discolorations on its white strap and case. If that's the case, probably not much you can do about it.
    nathdebojit2000 likes this.

Looks like color transfer from bluejeans or clothing. Try a pencil eraser. This is why gloss white is better - it doesn't attract color dies.

BTW - the resin in my gloss white watch is white all the way through. I trimmed the strap end and it is not brow inside.

Probably not much you can do about it. I had a white DW-5600 that got stained while taking a wet rug out of the washing machine. I couldn't get it off 'cause the color soaked into the resin. A new bezel and strap will probably be the only way.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Have you tried a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser? I used one to get Sharpie marks of a table that had been there over a year. Never tried one on a G, but they do work wonders. Worth a shot...

Sent from the office of the reincarnated President of the Republic of Texas
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

Thread Information