Stalking the G forums

Thread: Stalking the G forums

Stalking the G forums

Hey, been lurking and reading for a while, but now I'm wanting to grab what I think I want. I'm looking at a Mudman 9000 A1 and I can get it shipped for a little under $115. Its solar and atomic, which I've never had either, so this seems really cool and techy, and it seems very rugged which will be nice cause I want it to be a workhorse.

My questions are:

1: Is this a good entry daily wearer or am I going in the wrong direction? ie, does it take the beating that G's are renowned for or should I be looking at another model? Cause this watch is gonna get banged up.

2: I've seen this watch for up to 160ish, is there something I'm missing or all of these Mudman models the same? Is there some fine print or any details I should be looking at when purchasing, or just go for the lowest priced one that I've found?

Thanks, I appreciate the advice guys.

Ed

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Re: Stalking the G forums

Welcome and congrats to your new G Ed!

Now the answers:

1.) Any G is a beater watch and will survive the things you can do without damaging you wrist.

2.) If you use you watch as a beater watch like descibed in answer 1, you can use any model. Some models are packed in a tin, some in cardboard. This might be related to the country they are intended to be sold. But the watch itself is always the same quality (if its not a fake one).

What i wanted to say: dont care, just enjoy your new watch!

Thanks for the response, gonna order now, can't wait to finally feed the G fever I've been resisting.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ed the G 9000 is a non atomic G which features 2 stop watches visable on the face and list price is 99. the GW 9000 is atomic solar and list price is 150 but of course prices vary. all Gs are durable. buy what you like and can afford. if your like most of us you will end up with more than one

G 9000

GW 9000

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Quote Originally Posted by JERSTERCA View Post
    if your like most of us you will end up with more than one
    Yeah, thats what I'm afraid of

Quote Originally Posted by Niltusk View Post
    Thanks for the response, gonna order now, can't wait to finally feed the G fever I've been resisting.

Caution: If the fever persists for prolonged periods of time (months or even years) do not worry, it's natural...

Do not resist.... You will be assimilated... :)

Welcome... enjoy that Muddie... dont worry about putting it through its paces... it will keep asking for more.

I like the phrase... "it can take more than your wrist can" LOL...
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

A couple of things to think about on both the G9000 and the GW9000 is that the G9000 displays both the day of the week and the date on the display. The GW9000 only displays one or the other. Not a big deal for some, but it bothers me a little. I would say that it is the only downside of the GW for me. The five "eyes" in the middle of the display are pretty much useless(unless you need to know where your watch's atomic signal is coming from) but it does look cool!! Looks like a spider, a spider that will kick yo a$$ fool!!! LOL:) I love the look of both of them, but I must say I'd get the GW9000 first, then the G9000;)
    Don't touch the watch.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

My questions are:

1: Is this a good entry daily wearer or am I going in the wrong direction? ie, does it take the beating that G's are renowned for or should I be looking at another model? Cause this watch is gonna get banged up.

well, most here will probably disagree but I think the G(W)-9000 is not the best choice for a first starter g-shock. there is nothing wrong per se with the watches (I know, I have both models) but you might be disappointed by the stiff buttons, which are rather hard to press. this is of course part of the "mudresist" structure, but to be honest I never warmed up with it and I find it total useless for daily use (at least I do not dig in mud all day ).

as D2mac already mentiond, every g-shock will do the beating job so no worries here. you might just want to look for a another model (choices are almost infinite), with easier to press buttons, just my 2 cents.

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

Hey, been lurking and reading for a while, but now I'm wanting to grab what I think I want. I'm looking at a Mudman 9000 A1 and I can get it shipped for a little under $115. Its solar and atomic, which I've never had either, so this seems really cool and techy, and it seems very rugged which will be nice cause I want it to be a workhorse.
    You can get the same GW9000A-1 model from Amazon for less than $100 with free shipping.

Thread Information