Stargate SG-1 watch question

Thread: Stargate SG-1 watch question

Off topic Stargate SG-1 watch question

I apologize about this question being related to a non-G-Shock Casio.

I've seen sevaral episodes of Stargate SG-1 with Richard Dean Anderson. It appears that he is wearing a Casio Pro Trek 80. Am I correct in this observation?

Thanks to all!
    Best regards,

Mike Hogan
    [email protected]

"Go ahead laddie. Buy the watch."

Re: Stargate SG-1 watch question

I believe it is a Dw 8300. There is also a red version G of the black. If you check Skyhook's Casio mag. 2006 at the top section, you will find 1995 model I think.

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Hi Mike -

Did it look like this?

This is a DW-8300 as T. Wong said.

100 off from the DW-8400 MUDMAN

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Guys:

Thanks for your responses...

The watch I saw looked exactly like a Pro Trek PRG-80 in black titanium with the standard black bracelet. Definitely not the squared off watch from SG-1 the movie.
    Best regards,

Mike Hogan
    [email protected]

"Go ahead laddie. Buy the watch."

Inactive

MIke,
    I know what you are talking about. I believe they wore the DW-8300 when the series began 10 years ago. Not sure exactly when they switched, but I have noticed a very prominent round digital watch in many episodes (I watch the series everyday - and yes I am a bit of a scifi nerd - on this particular show anyway!:-D ). I have been waiting for a close up shot that will give some clue, but your observations seem correct, in that it, at the very least, is a PRG-type model. I'll do a little research and see what I can come up with - I'm curious as well

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hogan
    Hi Guys:

Thanks for your responses...

The watch I saw looked exactly like a Pro Trek PRG-80 in black titanium with the standard black bracelet. Definitely not the squared off watch from SG-1 the movie.
    Mike,
    Well, bad news - it is NOT a PRG-80, nor is it any Casio for that matter. With the exception of Teal'c, the members of SG-1 wore the DW-8300 for the first three seasons. O'Neill (RD Anderson) also wore some olive drab Vietnam-era style watches also. Omega became the watch of choice for seasons 4 and 5. In Season 6, O'Neill switched to a Suunto Vector and currently all members of the SG-1 team wear the Suunto Vector, and occasionally Amanda Tapping's character (Maj. Carter) wears a St.Moritz. Gen. Hammond (not on the show as the general on the base) prefers the Omega Seamaster - Bond style!

Quote Originally Posted by BSears
    Mike,
    Well, bad news - it is NOT a PRG-80, nor is it any Casio for that matter. With the exception of Teal'c, the members of SG-1 wore the DW-8300 for the first three seasons. O'Neill (RD Anderson) also wore some olive drab Vietnam-era style watches also. Omega became the watch of choice for seasons 4 and 5. In Season 6, O'Neill switched to a Suunto Vector and currently all members of the SG-1 team wear the Suunto Vector, and occasionally Amanda Tapping's character (Maj. Carter) wears a St.Moritz. Gen. Hammond (not on the show as the general on the base) prefers the Omega Seamaster - Bond style!
    BSears is correct. I was toying with the idea of getting the Suunto, but I decided to get the PRG80YT because it was solar. Suuntos have batteries and I've heard of people having to replace it every 6 months.
    ...It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live!

Quote Originally Posted by ColdHit
    BSears is correct. I was toying with the idea of getting the Suunto, but I decided to get the PRG80YT because it was solar. Suuntos have batteries and I've heard of people having to replace it every 6 months.
    The PRG 80T is such an awesome watch! It's now my main choice, leaving Seiko Divers and G's waiting their turn haha! Large but light and loads of functions...can't go wrong!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Inactive

I've also got the PRG-80T (grey ti, not black) - it is chock full of features and for the most part are very accurate. I say for the most part, b/c the altimeter may vary based on barometer readings. But the barometer is very accurate as is the compass. With a titanium bracelet, it makes this a very sturdy but lightweight watch and a great one at that!!

Thread Information