Stealthing a PAW1300-1V

Thread: Stealthing a PAW1300-1V

Stealthing a PAW1300-1V

Hi all - this is my first post on the forum. I must say this forum is becoming an addiction.

I've been reading around the forum about stealthing various gshocks with some great results. I'm wondering if anybody has attempted to stealth a PAW1300-1V? I got this watch six months ago and have an 'itch'. I know your thinking why didn't I get a PAW1300G-1V (all black model) to start with, however the PAW1300-1V was the only one available at the time of my impulse buying spree.

I can only assume that this model is not a good candidate for stealthing. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Re: Stealthing a PAW1300-1V

What part do you want to stealth? Do you want it to be all black or just remove paint from a certain part?

Hi Riley

I'd like it all to be black - I'm thinking the lettering on the buttons would be easy. The hard part is the colouring of the silver bezel

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't think there's any way to dye the silver bezel black. You could try painting it, but that could be tricky. Maybe a powder coat or something would work?

A replacement bezel from a PAW1300G-1V might be an option, but I wasn't able to find any for sale with a a quick search.

I don't recall any postings of people customizing this model, and I've never worked on one before myself, so it's hard for me to say for sure. But you might want to consider selling this one and buying another, instead of trying to make this one fit your taste.

Welcome to the forum!

I don't think your proposed mod is possible. Not neatly, anyway.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thanks both for your advice - I guess I'll have to satisfy my 'itch' with a new purchase instead - maybe something different from a pathfinder. The atomic solar mudman looks good (GW9000A-1).

A replacement bezel was mentioned by Riley - this begs the question of how to remove the bezel from a PAW1300-1V?

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Welcome!

i also wondered if this could be done by replacing the bezel and instead opted for the paw1300-3v green pathfinder. less flash and the lettering will be easier to stealth i think.....still on its way so this is a guess.

Conceived in New Jersey, living in South Texas

I would not attempt such a project as I have zero artistic ability. I would also worry that any paint I applied would scratch off. I got the 3V version becasue it was somewhat more subdued.
    Mr. Bill

Thread Information