Stereotype

Thread: Stereotype

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stereotype

I read a previous thread about G stereotypes. Got me thinking.
    I understand the marketing for skateboarders; construction, emergency and military workers; extreme sports, etc...
    Since when did they market the rapper thing? I take it everyone here has seen G-Shock.com. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Anthony

Re: Stereotype

simple answer : money.
    I think Casio will be one of those companies that will benefit from this world economy crackdown. The time is right to advertise and market their products all over the places and all over the faces.

Multi-threaded marketing.

There's unlikely to be too much of a crossover of consumers from different walks of life/lifestyles seeing all the G-Shock messages.

The rap/hip-hop/street potential market is huge. They're probably a little late to this party though, especially where celebrity-endorsed models are concerned.
    According to the Licensing Letter, sales of celebrity branded products (think Sean John, Roca-Wear, William Rast) are falling fast and are expected to continue to do so.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

casio markets the g-shock as a fashion accessory for people young or "young at heart" via ghshock.com, 'shock the world', etc. many young consumers like hip hop culture.

as to what i think of it... well the opening musical act on the debut of jay leno was jay z / rihanna / kanye west. this week's billboard 200 has hip-hop albums at positions 1, 4, 6 and 7 in the top 10. so i think it is an obvious and well-justified marketing choice.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Quote Originally Posted by a-Tom-ic View Post
    casio markets the g-shock as a fashion accessory for people young or "young at heart" via ghshock.com, 'shock the world', etc. many young consumers like hip hop culture.

as to what i think of it... well the opening musical act on the debut of jay leno was jay z / rihanna / kanye west. this week's billboard 200 has hip-hop albums at positions 1, 4, 6 and 7 in the top 10. so i think it is an obvious and well-justified marketing choice.
    I think I am getting a subliminal message here...................

M U S T G E T M O R E G S H O C K S!

Mitch

i'm sure at one point in time marketing to the skate culture was new too. i'm sure they'd be happy if everyone wore them. this is just the next step in their multimarketing plan to rule the watch world of course with as much exposure as possible to a wide-range of demographics.

It's a hip-hop world, yo!

It may well be the case (as, was the case, for example, with Burberry, of all companies) that hip-hop found G-Shock before G-Shock found hip-hop.

Good point and good analogy.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by jiro32 View Post
    It's a hip-hop world, yo!

When I see country singers wearing "G"s...I'M OUT!!!!

not really, just wanted to say that....
    "Its only money, they'll make more"!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information