Still Can't Decide on a Neg Mudman... Help
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Still Can't Decide on a Neg Mudman... Help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Still Can't Decide on a Neg Mudman... Help

Guys,

I've been debating for weeks over which Mudman to go for... either the gw-9300gy-1jf or the gw-9300gb-1jf. Part of the problem is that this purchase has to be on the down low (marriage does that, unfortunately). All of my Gs are of the same theme... all stealth, neg display, solar atomic -- partially because I love the look, partially because my wife can't tell one from another. Currently, I have the gw9200mbj-1jf, gw-9100mb-1jf, gx-56gb-1jf, and gw7900bms-1.

All things being equal, I like the GY better, and that's what my gut tells me to go for. But, I know if I get it, that it will have to be relegated to wearing around work only, so as not to reveal my vice.

...Which is why I'm still considering the GB... from the side it looks all black (as opposed to the green case back protector & the chrome keeper on the GY)... but I just don't know if those high-gloss gold rings around the moon indicator and the compass are going to make it too difficult to safely wear around the house either... let alone drive me nuts when i look at it because of the contrast.

Should the GB be avoided? I have the GB KingG, and don't mind the gold LCD... but there's nothing else bright and shiny jumping off the face of that watch.

So, I can't decide. Anyone want to kick me in the ass in one direction or another?
    I think it's time for a proverbial smack in the face.
    Last edited by Track40; January 7th, 2012 at 06:36.

Re: Still Can't Decide on a Neg Mudman... Help

Get the GY, of course. When your wife finds out about it - promise her that you are getting her one of those sweet G-Shock Mini models.
    Track40 likes this.
    GTR stands for George The Rabid. Fanboy of COSC (Casio - Orient - Seiko - Citizen, in that order )

Neither. Get the Ruby Frogman, pop out the rubies, have them made into earrings for her, get a spare set of resin and replace the ruby holes with standard 1000-frog pegs. She'll be so happy with the earrings she won't look twice at your watch.
    Track40 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    Neither. Get the Ruby Frogman, pop out the rubies, have them made into earrings for her, get a spare set of resin and replace the ruby holes with standard 1000-frog pegs. She'll be so happy with the earrings she won't look twice at your watch.
    lmfao.
    If I could afford the ruby frog, Id be able to afford the divorce attorney.

Wow, I don't know if the response or the response to the response was funnier. :)

Anyhow, I'm very happy with the neg display 9300 mudman's, they are excellent.

You have both? Which do you like better and why?

Get the positive display, and if your wife notices, tell her you modded one of your negs to a pos., or tell her you traded one of your negs for a pos.
    n_wildgirl likes this.

I just can't get over the gold compass ring - So I vote for the GY.

cheers, Sedi
    n_wildgirl likes this.
    Cheers
    Sedi

I have to agree with Sedi. I have the GY and tried on both in person before buying. The gold ring on the GB is just too much for me. Plus, the GY just looks that much better! If it's the one you like, that's the one you should get. The wife may or may no notice, so you shoould do what I do...order her a Baby G at the same time, or a day or two earlier. :) If you need any suggestions on what the Mrs might like, I might be able to help...;)
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

I have the "GB" and the "GY" I really like them both but, I think the gray is easer to read.

Getting her her own G-Shock will totally help, i​t worked for me.
    Last edited by Fly Stevo Dynamite; January 7th, 2012 at 16:40.
    I remember when, I remember
    I remember when I lost my mind...

-Gnarls Barkley

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information