Stopped sync all of sudden - help

Thread: Stopped sync all of sudden - help

Question Stopped sync all of sudden - help

Hi all,

I have a GW-M850 (module 3155) for about two months. The nightly sync has been working every night up until about two weeks ago. I have checked every setting and I don't think anything is wrong there.

• Time zone set to LAX
    • R/C: On
    • No "G" indicator
    • Last sync was a manual sync from two days ago (showing GET, not ERR) when I manually synched from my usual watch sync location by the window (got a signal strength of L3).

The fact it is not showing ERR means the watch is not even attempting to sync overnight, correct?

The only thing I can think of is the change in weather around here (in the San Francisco area): it has been unusually cold the past few weeks. But if the weather is affecting the signal - that means I couldn't do a manual sync either (which I could).

I hope the watch is not defective. Any help or suggestion is appreciated!

Ben

Suspended

Re: Stopped sync all of sudden - help

ERR means a failed sync, so it is trying.

As for why, I haven;t any idea.

So it is not showing ERR?

This means either the atomatic sync function have been turned off somehow, so check for that...

Or battery level is low, then automatic sync gets turned off. If that is the case you manually have to turn it back on again after charging it abit first.

Can it still sync during manual sync?
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

- Battery level is "H"
    - I am still able to manual sync (from the same location)
    - Not showing ERR (showing GET from two days ago when manually synched)

i don't think it's been enough time to worry yet. i should probably just test this theory, but i think a few people have noticed certain modules will only do so many syncs a day (like 6 attempts?) a day, so if you are fussing over the manual get for an hour, it look like it totally stopped working- temporarily. and radio reception is less predictable than it might fist seem, so don't be too quick to draw 'if this then that' conclusions.

have you recently started running a fan or other new electrical appliance? (tv, fan, etc) try another colorado-facing window and leave it be for a couple nights.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

It will only show ERR immediately after failing to sync. It will then revert to the previous time/date that it successfully synced. That is why it is showing the GET from a few days ago.

If you try to manually sync now, you should get an ERR and then it will revert back to showing your last GET. It will not continually show ERR when it does not sync.

Weather being what it is during this time of year, I've missed a few nights sync as well. It happens.

Only other things I can think of:
    Is/was a countdown running?
    Is/was the countdown on the rally timer running?
    Is/was the watch either in time-keeping or world-time mode?
    The watch won't sync when it's not in time-keeping or world-time mode and it won't sync when a countdown (normal or rally) is running. Once the rally timer switches to stopwatch after the countdown is up, it will sync even when the rally timer is running - but only when the watch is in time-keeping or world-time mode.
    Every time my GW-9010 (which has the same module) didn't sync over night it was one of the above reasons. But a weather change can have the same effect. I wouldn't worry yet.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Been only 2 days, no worries. Will always show GET in history as WT351 said.
    If you wanna know immediately if there is an attempt under current setup, set the time to 11:59p/23:59 and see...

Just want to give an update (conclusion?).

Automatic sync is working again the last two days. I switched to a different window. It is strange that a window that I was using reliably for months all of sudden stopped working. I'm still in the same room, watch facing the same direction, except a different window.

Don't know why that is - could be a seasonal thing. It will interesting to see what happens throughout the year.

Thanks all for your suggestions. Thankfully the watch is not broken.

Thread Information