Strap Adapters for Casio PRG-270
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Strap Adapters for Casio PRG-270

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Confused Strap Adapters for Casio PRG-270

I searched the forum and browsed some threads but I'm not sure if the G-Shock adapters will work on the PRG-270. The model isn't listed but it is new (and close enough to a G-Shock I hope you don't mind me posting here.

I think I am looking for something like the 2nd and 3rd Pictures Here:Customer Image Gallery for Casio Men's PAG240-8 Pathfinder Amazon Exclusive Triple Sensor Tough Solar Digital Watch

I've already called the official Casio parts distributors and they said they don't have any adapters of any kind and couldn't tell me where to look.

I would also like to confirm that whatever adapters I do get would work with the straps (e.g. 3 or 5 ring). One vendor told me NATO straps wouldn't work . . . and told me to post here.

So, where can I find strap adapters for this watch and what kind of straps should I look for/avoid?

I really appreciate it!

Re: Strap Adapters for Casio PRG-270

First off: hi, and welcome to the WUS forum!

Second: sadly, I can't tell you a thing about Pathfinder adapters, but you're right -- they're close enough to G-Shocks that you're posting in the right subforum! (This is the place for pretty much ALL Casio watches: G-Shocks, Pathfinders, Wavecepters, Baby-G's and even the good old "DW" digital watches that don't have a "family.")

Third: The terms NATO and Zulu get thrown around almost interchangeably, even though they're apparently two different sorts of straps.

NATO straps almost always have squared-off "rings" and are made up of two layers of nylon webbing, that interlock through one or more of the rings, and are almost always of the "5-ring" variety. These extra rings MAY interfere with G-Shocks, Pathfinders, and other large watches with adapters, depending on the spacing of the rings, which depends on the strap manufacturer.

Zulu straps almost always have rounded off, oval rings and are (often but not always) made of a thicker nylon webbing, and come in a "3-ring" style that will always work on any watch with springbars or adapters. However, there are also "5-ring Zulu" straps which use the same rounded hardware, but use the same "two layer" webbing and extra rings from NATO style straps.

From another post on the subject:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    Assuming the straps are all the correct widths:

• 3 ring Zulu straps will always work, because they don't have any extra rings to get in the way.
    • 5 ring Zulu straps may OR MAY NOT work, depending on the model of the watch, the spacing of those extra two rings, and the diameter of the wearer's wrist.
    • NATO straps may OR MAY NOT work, depending on the model of the watch, the spacing of those extra two rings, and the diameter of the wearer's wrist.

Hopefully this link will explain a little better, through words and pictures, the exact problem those extra two rings can cause.
    That link in the quote will show exactly how a watch can "ride up" above the wearer's wrist on a 5-ring strap. Here's another link to ZULU Strap vs NATO Strap Difference with more or less the same explanation, and different pictures.

Good luck, and hopefully someone will soon be able your Pathfinder adapter questions!
    roots4444 likes this.

Still no luck on the lugs adaptors. Anyone?
    heck333 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I wonder if the Suunto clips might work like here: https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=129428 .

For straps, you just need to be sure that they are one piece- many straps called NATO or ZULU or whichever often have a second flap of material that secures the watch.

Unfortunately I don't think those will work. There is no outer openings on the watch.

These work perfectly to put a Nato or Zulu on the PRG-270: https://www.shapeways.com/model/1764...&materialId=25

Quote Originally Posted by fossilapostle View Post
    These work perfectly to put a Nato or Zulu on the PRG-270: https://www.shapeways.com/model/1764...&materialId=25
    Pictures, please!

If Keoni's 16mm lug adapters fit the PRG-270, that means that Casio's standard G-Shock adapters should fit as well, which would be great because we're going from "how to...?" to "here's two different ways!"

The adapters in the pictures on Amazon that the OP mentioned (and linked to) don't look anything like Casio's basic G-Shock adapters -- they look like ProTrek adapters to me.

The PRG-270 has 18mm lugs. The shapeways or regular g-shock adapters will fit , but will move side to side since they are 16mm. You can add 1mm rubber spacers on each side so it won't move around.

Another thing you could do is ask keoni if he can do an adapter 18mm lug size so it can fit directly without adding spacers.

My SGW-300 has 18mm lugs also and I added little spacers to fill in the gap. Works very well

Glad to see that the basic Casio adapters (sort of) fit the PRG-270, with the addition of spacers!

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarista View Post
    The PRG-270 has 18mm lugs. The shapeways or regular g-shock adapters will fit , but will move side to side since they are 16mm. You can add 1mm rubber spacers on each side so it won't move around.

Another thing you could do is ask keoni if he can do an adapter 18mm lug size so it can fit directly without adding spacers.
    As of two weeks ago, he was working on 18mm adapters: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/ada...ml#post7765821

Here's the main thread about them: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/sha...em-974579.html
    Last edited by Mike K; May 24th, 2014 at 06:49.

My apologies for not posting pics - here are two. Strap is a Zulu from wornandwound.com. It is indeed the case that the keoni adapters should be 2mm wider, you can see sort of a worst-case scenario in one of the pics. So if he is working on ones that are 18mm wide that is preferred. However, I do find that these look better than the Casio adapters. How would I find 1mm spacers? (Sorry if that is kind of a newbie question. :)) Name:  prg270b.jpg
Views: 3708
Size:  149.4 KBName:  prg270a.jpg
Views: 3687
Size:  179.5 KB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information