Strap dilemma

Thread: Strap dilemma

Confused Strap dilemma

Hi,

First time posting, I am looking to buy my partner a G shock watch, unfortunately he is really fussy and I cant seem to find one that meets all his criterias. He wants a velcro starp, but with an analogue face. I have found replacement straps so I could change a resin strap but cant find out which g shock watches I could fit these straps too, please can anyone help?!?

Re: Strap dilemma

Hi there.

Bear in mind that velcro straps like these will also required strap adapters like these before they can be fitted to most models, and that only some models can accept the adapters. One suitable analogue model that springs to mind is the G-100.

Frankly, I think your partner should be less fussy, which would allow a wider choice.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Re: Strap dilemma

Walmart has $8 velcro straps. The strap has an elastic piece, to which standard watches with basic lug pins can be attached. Now, for my G-shock 3500, I took an Xacto knife and carefully sliced the elastic in the same direction was where the pin would go, then cut doen each side, and removed a tiny piece of the elestic fabric. What this does is makes room for the center piece, which is part of the watch case, to rest "inside" the elastic, and you can simply runs the pins through that.

Problems with that:

1 - the elastic could tear all the way if the watch gets caught on something hard.

2 - over time that cut elastic fabric could waer and tear, so you need to keep an eye on it.

3 - The lug pin ends are sivler and do stick out a bit on each side, so it doesn.t look great. A quick spray with black, or whatever color you choose, of Rustoleum should do the trick before you reinstall them. I haven't don that yet, since I'm not convinced of the entire modification.

But, for now it works for me just putzing around. I'll revisit it, once I'm convinced I can't make a paracord weave for the the G-shocks. Again, the issue with pins, but the adapters could work for that project.

Thread Information