Strap replacement for 5600's
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Strap replacement for 5600's

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Strap replacement for 5600's

I have a really basic question that I hope someone can give me advice on. I have a GW-M5600BC-1ER. Love the bracelet, hate the reverse display, and the fact that the battery/capacitor is dying. Does the bracelet fit other 5600's? Thanks!
    "Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory."--Albert Schweitzer

lvt

Re: Strap replacement for 5600's

Yes it will fit other 56xx (those with 16mm lugs).
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Thanks so much. I have to get another 5600 then. So many choices!
    "Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory."--Albert Schweitzer

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There are actually a lot of G-Shock models that use the same 16mm spacing, including DW-6900's, G- and GW-6900's, DW-6600's, and probably many other models as well!

That means that anything you see on this forum that uses the "normal" 16mm NATO/Zulu adapter will also fit that bracelet -- I know there are a few Frogmen on adapters (though I don't know the particular model numbers.)

Excellent! Opens up the possibilities.

It looks like you went from perhaps a dozen choices with "just" 5600's to close to well over 200 choices now!

I wish there were as many 5600 choices as there are 6900 choices. I prefer the bigger numbers of the 5600's and don't like the "wasted" real estate that the 3 eyes on the 6900's represent. Just my personal preference.
    Fer Guzman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flipangle View Post
    I prefer the bigger numbers of the 5600's and don't like the "wasted" real estate that the 3 eyes on the 6900's represent.
    I feel the same way, so I was happy to see that two of the three "eyes" on the GW-6900 have a little more purpose! The left one shows the charge level and Power Saving mode, the middle one shows "Auto EL," "Mute," and the alarm and hourly chime states. I think the "pie wedges" are easier to read than microscopic lettering on the main display.
    riffraff likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    I feel the same way, so I was happy to see that two of the three "eyes" on the GW-6900 have a little more purpose! The left one shows the charge level and Power Saving mode, the middle one shows "Auto EL," "Mute," and the alarm and hourly chime states. I think the "pie wedges" are easier to read than microscopic lettering on the main display.
    Agreed. I held off buying a DW-6900 and bought a GW. Well, actually two within the last two weeks.

The two worthless eyes never set quite right with me. I can actually justify the loss of real estate with the GW. Kinda.
    Life is short. Drink good beer.

"Never try to outstubborn a cat.” -- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Please forgive me if this has already been discussed, but will the GW-M5600BC Combi Bracelet fit directly on the watch without the need of additional end pieces or adapters? I'm thinking of getting one for my GW-M5610 but wanted to ask first to make sure so I didn't end up in the same situation as I did with my G-511.

Without the bracelet to set it apart from my DW-5000E I usually end up wearing it and leaving the 5610 in the window to charge.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information