Street price of new frog confirmed.

Thread: Street price of new frog confirmed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    Member duke4c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,883

    Street price of new frog confirmed.

    Sorry... I'm in a bit of a rush this morning so I didn't search to see if this has been posted before... MODS please delete if duplicate...

    I'm getting one as soon as it's avalaible and as I said before I'll post the pics the day it arrives.

    Yea... I know this and that and price... but I like the darn thing and I can afford it...

    Naturally I used <deleted> on places where I had personal info.
    To be honest with you all I was hoping for lower street price but I'll take what I can get... (I didn't tell Katsu that I was actually ready to pay MSRP... LOL ... I'm not THAT rich... )

    This was also the very first time I bugged Katsu for preorder... had no idea if he's doing it or not... LOL...

    Cheers

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Katsu [mailto:[email protected]]
    Sent: August 31, 2009 3:33 AM
    To: <deleted>
    Subject: Re: Request Form


    Dear <deleted>-san,.

    Good day,!
    I dont know how many pieces can carry it.
    Just waiting comfirm form casio now,
    i will conatct to you when I have any information,.

    The cost will be 53800YEN/

    Regards
    katsu
    On 2009/08/31, at 5:10, <deleted> wrote:

    > ========================= Request Form =========================
    >
    > name : <deleted>
    > email : <deleted> product : GWF-1000 new Frogman
    > Comments : Casio GWF-1000 (New multiband frogman)
    >
    > Price: 68000 YEN Release date: 20.9. Your price for credit card
    > purchase? Can I preorder and you ship when available?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

  2. #2
    Member babola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,383

    Re: Street price of new frog confirmed.

    Sounds like the price that falls into usual Katsu's 20-25% saving off retail, so no surprises there.

    However still too rich for my blood, will have to pass this time.

  3. #3
    Member duke4c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,883

    Re: Street price of new frog confirmed.

    Quote Originally Posted by babola View Post
    Sounds like the price that falls into usual Katsu's 20-25% saving off retail, so no surprises there.

    However still too rich for my blood, will have to pass this time.
    I know what you mean... I was honestly hoping for 30% off... problem here is that Katsu is usually cheapest of the bunch (reffering to Seiya, Chino).

    And this is defenetly NOT a product that we'll ever see in north america so we can almost forget about amazon friday deals... so yea, this one ain't going down in price anytime soon...
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member kiwidj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ~TYO~
    Posts
    37,143

    Re: Street price of new frog confirmed.

    That's a good price. Now I'm tempted.




  6. #5
    Member duke4c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,883

    Re: Street price of new frog confirmed.

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwidj View Post
    That's a good price. Now I'm tempted.
    I was saving for it ever since Sjors broke out the rumor that it will go for 70k YEN.

    Had no idea back than that the rumor will be 100% true...

    But at least I did't delusion myself... I'm waiting for new atomic frog for 2 years now... sadly, this will majorly affect my future purchases... once I get a new frog I just won't have money for some other models I want, namely fully stealthed and reverse display RISEMAN... it's aways scary for collector to get one expesive model knowing that he won't be able to get a whole bunch of others he also wants...

    The way it is, new Frog is THE most expensive fully digital G ever made. In a times of recession I'm not sure how smart of a marketing move this is from Casio... but run of only 1500 per month is defenetly telling of how many of these do they actually think that they can sel...

    In that regards I'm hoping that this model wil NOT be a hit. If it "bombs" at retails this will discourage Casio from going up market with new models and that can only be a good news for us.

    O well... can't have everything in life I guess...
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

  7. #6
    Member Joakim Agren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,191

    Re: Street price of new frog confirmed.

    Quote Originally Posted by duke4c View Post
    I was saving for it ever since Sjors broke out the rumor that it will go for 70k YEN.

    Had no idea back than that the rumor will be 100% true...

    But at least I did't delusion myself... I'm waiting for new atomic frog for 2 years now... sadly, this will majorly affect my future purchases... once I get a new frog I just won't have money for some other models I want, namely fully stealthed and reverse display RISEMAN... it's aways scary for collector to get one expesive model knowing that he won't be able to get a whole bunch of others he also wants...

    The way it is, new Frog is THE most expensive fully digital G ever made. In a times of recession I'm not sure how smart of a marketing move this is from Casio... but run of only 1500 per month is defenetly telling of how many of these do they actually think that they can sel...

    In that regards I'm hoping that this model wil NOT be a hit. If it "bombs" at retails this will discourage Casio from going up market with new models and that can only be a good news for us.

    O well... can't have everything in life I guess...
    Well you can always sell a couple of G's from your current collection to help fund both the new Frogman and the new stealth Riseman. Then at a later time when your financial situation allow it then just buy back the models you sold!

    I have used that method several times!
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142


  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    201

    Re: Street price of new frog confirmed.

    what is the price in US dollars?

  9. #8
    Member Riley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    3,043

    Re: Street price of new frog confirmed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    what is the price in US dollars?
    53,800 Yen = ~$579 USD (today).

    Only twice as much as a GW-200 Frogman...

  10. #9
    Member Joakim Agren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,191

    Re: Street price of new frog confirmed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    53,800 Yen = ~$579 USD (today).

    Only twice as much as a GW-200 Frogman...
    Well the kermit Frogman are almost a $500 piece these days so maybe not twice as expensive!
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142


  11. #10
    Member babola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,383

    Re: Street price of new frog confirmed.

    I may go out on a limb here and say - Duke, I hope you're right and the new Frogman bombs out and fails big time from the retail point of view. That may actually put some sense back into Casio managment re their exorbitatnt pricing of late. 1500 production pieces per month at those prices? Just which planet have they recently come from?
    This is also happenning at the very time Japan is going thru one of the worst economic times since WWII, mind boggles.

    Seiko and Citizen both tried similar 'tricks' few years back on their newly released models, did it hurt their bottom line? Oh yes...and pretty badly at that.

    Lets wait and see, shall we

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •