Stuck Buttons

Thread: Stuck Buttons

Stuck Buttons

I am new to this forum. I tried doing a search, but I didn't find anything. I have a Casio G-Shock that I have worn for several years. I tried to change a setting this weekend and the burrons don't seem to do anything. Should I assume that this is dirty and needs to be cleaned? If so, what is the safest way to clean this without damaging this? Of do I just go to K-Mart and get a new watch (thanks to another post about the sale prices.)

Re: Stuck Buttons

I'm not sure what's wrong with your watch, but it seems unlikely that all the button contacts would fail at the same time. It's not the classic symptom of an exhaused battery (dim backlight, loss of button 'beep'), but it might be worth changing the battery and doing a reset (see 'How To' file at the top of this page).

Welcome to the forum!
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Stuck Buttons

Thank you for the reply. It is a solar version, but I will look into re-setting it if I can.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Re: Stuck Buttons

Welcome to the forum!

I know struck buttons from my fathers Gs.
    There is mud/poo containing dirt and oil collecting in the shafts of the button push rods.
    Once you press it, it will stay pressed by the dirt and will only slow or never release.
    In my case removing the bezel and scrubbing the button shafts from the outside (dont open up the housing!!!) with a toothbrush and soap in hot water solved the problem.

I hope that helps.

Thread Information