Stupid question maybe - please don't bite my head off...

Thread: Stupid question maybe - please don't bite my head off...

Rolling eyes Stupid question maybe - please don't bite my head off...

Hi G-guys and girls, this a stupid question maybe, but is there any way to turn the G's or other Casio ABC wathes off...? I got a few solars so I just keep them charged and on power save, but what about the G's and the Twin sensors? I got a couple that don't get much wrist time so it would be nice to preserve some battery while they sit in the drawer...
    ----------
    Regards
    André

Banned

Re: Stupid question maybe - please don't bite my head off...

Afraid not .

Was afraid so, I'll guess I howe to source down a stack of batterys then...
    Maybe I wait 'till they all run down, and do a collective replacement

Thanx for the reply on this!
    ----------
    Regards
    André

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think you're better off waiting 'till they at least show signs of running down before buying new batteries. I say this because of the shelf life. With lithiums it's not such a concern as they have long shelf lives, but some of the cells used in the Casios with sensors are different, and have shorter shelf lifes. I bought 2 replacement sets for my PRG-40, then realised by the time I need a second set they'll be too old.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Thanx, Lexxor. Good point, don't know how old some of them are. Bought on the bay. I'll wait 'till they all dry and buy new batterys at that time...

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxorcist View Post
    I think you're better off waiting 'till they at least show signs of running down before buying new batteries. I say this because of the shelf life. With lithiums it's not such a concern as they have long shelf lives, but some of the cells used in the Casios with sensors are different, and have shorter shelf lifes. I bought 2 replacement sets for my PRG-40, then realised by the time I need a second set they'll be too old.
    ----------
    Regards
    André

This is one thing I really like about Nike watches...

Most have a power save option that shuts all but the essential function down after a designated about of time.
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

I would just leave them on the dresser or any place that gets at least a little bit of light.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

"I got a couple that don't get much wrist time..."

Do these have sensors? Battery life is exactly why I don't buy watches with sensors unless they're solar. If they don't have sensors just turn off the auto EL, alarms, chimes, countdowns, and other beepy glowy things and you should get as close to off as you need to get. These things require very little amounts of power when they're just quietly telling time. That's how you get 10 year lithium batteries. I have one with a CR2016 that lasted 9.5 years and was still going when I replaced it.

LCDs require so little power that I've activated their little segments with static electricity. The static charge was so low I didn't even feel anything.

If they're analog, sometimes you can pull the crown out to stop the hands, that reduces power consumption.

The shelf life of lithium batteries is 10 years. The shelf life of alkalines is about 3-5 years. That's going to affect battery life more than turning the watch off. Look at how long the solars go without light then look at the self discharge rate of the rechargeable batteries from the manufacturer's website. They're not coincedental.

"...Good point, don't know how old some of them are. Bought on the bay..."

Your guess is as good as mine how long those will last. That's why I don't buy from ebay.
    SPROING!!!!

(oops! Time for a new watch!)

Thread Information