Successful Temperature Calibration

Thread: Successful Temperature Calibration

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Successful Temperature Calibration

I have been a happy user of the GW-400J for some time now, but the temperature is always so far off. Do any of the g-shocks actually display an accurate temperature through both summer and winter (mine does in neither). Have any of you calibrated the temperature function, and then had success with temperature accuracy? Thanks.

Re: Successful Temperature Calibration

I've never found it to work very well on my wrist. Which makes sense because of body heat. It works much better if you take it off, but that kind of defeats the purpose. Personally, I've never thought it to be a very useful feature, but it's still kind of cool that it has it.

Well it could be calibrated so that it would be accurate when worn, but I wouldn't mind if it were just accurate when off though...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This has been discussed in the past and we have no solution... calibration for offset of hand temperature just does not work... you have to take it off... it get's worst than that since temp sensor needs to be off hand for at least 20 min to show surrounding temp... because of this many are questioning usefulness of temp sensor to begin with...
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

I tend to strap it to my pack when I'm cycling....tends to stay more accurate without giving me tan lines on my wrist

Quote Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post
    I tend to strap it to my pack when I'm cycling....tends to stay more accurate without giving me tan lines on my wrist
    I do the same with my PAG-40. It lives on my backpack.

On long bike rides I'll usually put it on my handlebars like one would their wrist.

I don't know where the temperature sensor on the g-shocks are. Is it on or near the back plate? Maybe it could be put against the face plate instead (and would still be off, but not as much).

I've found the GW400's temp recording to be very accurate off wrist, but obviously not while on. I haven't tried to recallibrate it to work well on wrist, but I suspect there are too many variables to give you anything more than a rough temp reading.

Might be worth a try though. I actually don't mind taking my watch off to get a treading because then it give me an excuse to pu on one of the other models.

Cool Re: Successful Temperature Calibration

The Thermo sensor is actually usefull. I have found out that it will give you acurate readings on the wrist for water temperature so that is quite fun if you are on vacation having a swim in the ocean and you can tell the bathing temperature. It only takes 5 minutes or so to get an accurate reading in the water. Also if you are in a place where it is very hot like for instance Australia, Thailand, Florida or southern part of Europe in Summertime then it will give you correct sun temperatures on your wrist since the temperature in the sun will be hoter then your wrist temperature.

So it definetly is a fun and usefull function to have!

Since calibrating my PAW 1300 to a digital room thermometer it has tracked the room thermometer to within 0.1 degrees celsius.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information